Chapter eleven: Two scars for life

Zane's POV

I have to say, what a horrible nightmare.

Second Cole knocked out Jay because of his temper.

I knew no one else would be responsible for watching over Jay, so I took advantage.

It has been ten minutes since my friends had left. The thoughts in my mind still haunted me. Second Lloyd has captured our dimension, Cole.

I wonder what Second Lloyd was up to. I had too many questions on my mind. P.I.X.A.L. noticed my heart rate was increasing.

"It's okay, Zane," P.I.X.A.L. said, "Everything is going to be fine if you at least calm down."

"I'm sorry, P.I.X.A.L," I said, "It is just the terrifying past, that is all. Can you see what Second Lloyd is doing to Cole? It would be nice to show the others how much time there is left."

P.I.X.A.L. nodded then showed a screen. It seemed that she had taken over one of the cameras. All I saw was bruised-up Cole. I saw blood coming from his mouth. He coughed it out.

My poor friend. He had been treated like a piece of garbage. There were other wounds on his back. The scratches on his back showed me he has been whipped multiple times.

I could not even imagine how much pain he was in. This appeared to be worse than Chen's island. Even though I was in chains, I was not treated that badly.

"Get rid of it!" I cried, "I have seen enough."

"Second Lloyd is doing other business," P.I.X.A.L. said, "I can not reach him at this moment."

"That's okay," I replied, "I don't want to know what he's doing anyway."

Suddenly, I heard a faint cry behind me. I jumped and then turned around. I cracked a smile to see that Jay's leg was starting to twitch.

I quickly opened the door so he could at least get some oxygen. Jay slowly fluttered his eyes open.

"Zane..." Jay croaked, "Is that you?"

I help him sit on the chair, "Yes, it is, brother. I was beginning to worry about you. You were out for a long time."

"I was?"

"Yes."

Jay slowly got on his feet. His leg still appeared wounded, but it seemed he could stand.

"Where is everyone?" Jay asked.

"They went on a mission," I replied, "I stayed here to be by your side."

Jay smiled, "Thanks, man. Do you know when they'll come back? Cause I really  wanna teach Second Cole A LESSON!"

"Calm down, brother!" I cried, "Second Cole had lost control of his temper. He did not attack you on purpose. He feels humiliated for what he did. I'm afraid that--"

Suddenly, I heard sudden yelps in the cave. I sensed that something must have happened to them.

I narrowed my eyes to retrieve a better sight. It was Second Cole, along with the rest of my team. They were running away.

"Zane!" Second Cole shouted at me, "Start the ship! START THE SHIP!!"

I quickly head to the pilot's area. I gasped as I saw a ton of buttons. Who knew which one was the starting engine?

"What's going on?" Jay asked, "I've been unconscious for as long as I can remember, so SOMEBODY TELL ME!!"

"We will, Jay," I said, "But I can't figure out which button will start the engine."