Chapter six: The first mission

Zane's POV

Wasn't this a fun trip everybody?

I knew I was speaking the truth. We are in the second dimension. No one believed me so far. That's what happens when you doubt a Nindroid.

Continuing, three hours have passed after our slumber. Kai was snoring, and so was Jay. It was difficult for me to sleep. I had too many things stuck inside my mind.

I was very worried about Cole--our Cole. I hoped that he will be safe out in the wilderness with all of Lloyd's minions.

"Zane..." I barely heard P.I.X.A.L., "Zane, you need to wake up. You're late."

Late? I opened my eyes. I was the only one in the room. I heard laughing in the distance, it seems that they were having breakfast.

I stretched and then walked upstairs. When I reached the top, I noticed that the sun was barely out.

"Well well well," Second Cole joked, "Looks like someone slept in this morning."

"I do not understand," I said, "The sun is barely above the horizon."

"Yeah, we gotta get up early here," Kai replied, "I actually feel pretty good at 4 AM"

"4 AM?!" I jumped back a bit, "Oh my goodness, why so early?"

"Because we're going on a mission," Second Cole said, "We need to find them before Lloyd's minions will first."

"Find what?"

"Oh right, you didn't hear," Second Cole shook his head, "We need to find four obsidian blades of ruin that will be able to defeat Lloyd. Not only that, but we need to retrieve the Sword of Balance back that will stop the universe from collapsing. First, we're gonna find the fire sword at the Throne Room of Fire."

"Fascinating," I said, "When do we go?"

"When your training is finished," Second Nya replied.

Jay groaned, "Training? At four in the morning? Why so early?"

"Because the earlier, the better," Second Cole said, finishing off with the pancakes.

Second Cole walks over to the table and each gave us three pancakes to eat. Everyone stared at him while he and Second Nya were eating the pancakes.

Jay picks at them with his fork, "Umm..are you sure they're safe to eat?"

"Trust me, they're good," Second Nya said with her mouth full of food.

I shrugged and took a bite..."Oh my...Cole...these are absolutely delightful!"

Everyone stared at me like I needed medical attention. Second Cole and Second Nya smiled. Everyone else started eating them.

"Oh wow these are good," Lloyd said.

"Cole you are the master of breakfast," Nya joked.

Jay was gobbling his down, "Oh ho ho! I need more...I NEED MORE!!"

"Yeah," Kai replied, "Sure beats our Cole's cooking. One time he made that duck chowder stuff and it glued our mouths shut for 5 hours."

"Hey I think that was the day that Zane was wearing that pink apron," Jay chuckled.

Everyone started laughing. I truly remember that moment. Back then we didn't really share the same sense of humor, I never knew I was a robot.

Second Cole calmed down, "Okay everybody calm down. Your training starts in one hour."

Oh, goody one hour. Enough time to upgrade my gear.

**********

"Incoming hit at your left," P.I.X.A.L said.