Chapter 29

I woke up not surprised to see an empty bed. I pushed my hair out my face and got up and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face when I walked out the door I was surprised by Dex sitting on my bed and his eyes widened as he looked at my stomach. I gasped as I realize I was hardly wearing clothes.

“Get out!” I yelled at him and he just stared at my stomach, I covered it with my hands.

“You’re, no, what the hell is that?” he asked as he pointed to my stomach I looked down surprised to see an imprint of a small foot and I gasped.

          Dex stared at me I haven’t seen him in so long. I watched as the footprint disappeared and I rubbed my stomach softly I walked into my closet ignoring Dex’s calls when I pulled on some sweatpants and another one of Cole’s shirts I was grabbed and staring into those blue eyes that I used to love more than anything in the world.

“Answer me!” Dex yelled angrily, I froze and just stared at him.

          It happened way too fast for me to stop it; Dex was hanging by his throat against the wall with an angry Cole looking up at him. I was still frozen I couldn’t do anything I watched the murderous glare on Cole’s face and I heard the growls Dex let out in order to stay in control. I wrapped my arms around Cole’s waist and he looked down at me with hard eyes.

“Stop,” I said to him and his eyes softened as his grip loosened I heard Dex growl.

“Dex, it’s okay,” I said to him.

“What the hell is---“

“Isn’t it obvious she’s pregnant with my son,” Cole hissed warning Dex.

“How?” Dex snarled at me, Cole was going to answer but I beat him to it.

“Well, that’s an obvious answer,” I said.

“When, how long?” Dex asked.

“It’s been about 4 months and 3 weeks,” I realized then that this pregnancy went by fast I was going to have my baby sometime next month.

“How, why doesn’t the pack know?” Dex asked looking at Cole.

“We didn’t want to add any more stress, and she still refuses to stand down at the fight,” Cole said.

“Are you---“

“Yes I’m serious Dex, can you just keep this quite?” I asked with an annoyed tone.

“Do your fathers know?” he asked both of us.

“No, and we’d like to keep it that way,” I said.

“I can’t believe this,” Dex whispered and stormed out my room, I tried to walk after him but Cole grabbed my arm and I looked at him.

“He needs time,” he whispered as he brushed a tear away from my cheek.

“I just don’t---“ I sobbed.

“It’s okay,” Cole pulled me into his arms and I leaned my head on his chest.

“Why is he so angry with me?” I looked up at Cole.

“He shouldn’t be it’s just taking him time to get used to it, I can’t imagine what he must be going through right now, he still loves you even mated to Kimberly, a bond to a random wolf could never be stronger than a true mates bond,” he said and I knew it took a lot for him to say that.

“How did I get so lucky?” I asked as I looked up into his eyes.

“I ask myself that every day,” I hit his arm playfully and he laughed.