Chapter 6

“Mmm, I think I know what happened,” Alex winked.

“Ew, please don’t talk about my brother and best friend hooking up!” Tina grunted.

“I don’t blame you Cole, Emily is one gorgeous gal,” Alex faked a southern accent and I smiled.

“Thank you kind sir, you’re not so bad yourself,” I smiled at him as Cole tensed up next to me.

“So what happened?” Tina asked.

“Nothing happened!” I said.

“Oh so now nothing happened!” Cole growled at me, I looked at him confused.

“What?” I asked confused as I looked at him, his eyes were darker.

“This is getting good,” Damon sat at the edge of his seat.

“Shut up!” Cole ordered Damon and Damon immediately became silent.

“What is wrong with you?” I asked him as he looked at me.

“The fact that Alex is flirting with you while you sit here and flirt back and say nothing happened between us last night, you really need to ask?” Cole glared at me while everyone at the table was silently watching.

“Yes, I needed to ask it was harmless flirting it meant nothing to him,” I spoke for Alex.

“Yeah, we were just messing around,” Alex said as he scratched the back of his head, Cole looked a little ashamed of himself as he blushed and looked away.

“Sorry, I guess I got a little---“

“Possessive?” Stefan answered.

“No!” Cole blushed.

“I, um, need to use the ladies room,” I said as I blushed and got up from the table.

“Me too,” Tina excused herself and grabbed my arm and pulled me with her.

          As soon as we got into the bathroom she pushed me.

“What the hell was that for?” I asked.

“Did you sleep with my brother?” Tina accused.

“No,” my face was redder than a tomato; I can’t believe she would think I would sleep with him the first day we met.

“Good, so what happened last night?” Tina asked.

“I don’t know,” I admitted.

“Oh, don’t give me that crap, if you slept with him, its ok you know?” she said.

“I did not sleep with your brother!” I yelled.

“Ok, then tell me what happened?” Tina asked.

“I honestly don’t know,” I said.

“You two obviously did something because a werewolf doesn’t just go all possessive over his friend if you know what I’m saying,” she wiggled her eyebrows at me making me laugh.

“I woke up after a dream about Dex and he was up so he cheered me up,” I said.

“And?” Tina asked.

“He kissed me and I kissed back,” I mumbled.

“What?”

“You heard me,” I said.

“You and Cole kissed,” she said astonished.

“Yes—“

“This is so awesome, what if he is the one---“

“We have our mates, and mine is Dex, Cole never found his yet,” I said.

“OMG, what if---“

“Don’t say it that’ll just confuse me more,” I admitted.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, I don’t know how to describe it but whenever me and your brother are near each other its like my heart goes crazy and when we kissed I’ve never felt anything that amazing but I don’t understand how I could feel this way knowing my mate is at home,” I said honestly.

“Come on,” Tina growled.

“What?” I asked.

“We’re going home,”

“Why?” I asked.

“So I can yell at you without interruption,”

          She pulled me through the food court and walked to our table where the boys still were.

“Finally, you two are back,” Edward said.

“And leaving,” Tina picked up our bags and Cole just stared into my eyes.

“Why so soon?” Cole asked me.

“I need to speak with her,” Tina answered for me.

“I guess I’ll see you all later!” I yelled as I was dragged by Tina towards the escalator.

“Why are you pulling me?” I asked.

“We need to get home,” she said as she pulled me towards her car.

          Once we got inside the car I watched Tina pull out the parking spot.

“I just didn’t want the boys to hear, just in case they tried to listen in,” Tina admitted.

“So you’re not mad at me?” I asked.

“No, but you really aggravate me sometimes,” she smiled at me.

“Me?” I asked astonished.

“Yes you and occasionally my brother, I actually need to talk to him too,” she said.

“About?” I asked.

“You, of course,”

“Oh no, don’t do that,” I blushed as I looked out the window.

“He likes you,” Tina said.

“You never know and we just met,” I said and we drove the rest of the way home in silence.