Chapter 19: Bloodthirsty Cowslips

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
But it still changesEver so slightly
Daily and nightly
In little ways
When everything stays-Marceline(Adventure Time), Everything Stays

Song: Paralyze by Finger Eleven (below are Cowslips(flowers))

Dedicated to Izabel12 because she's been there since basically the beginning of all my stories and she's very supportive! Number one internet friend! Oh and ps, you guys can thank her, because I changed my mind on how I wanted Jordan to think this...

Dedicated to Izabel12 because she's been there since basically the beginning of all my stories and she's very supportive! Number one internet friend! Oh and ps, you guys can thank her, because I changed my mind on how I wanted Jordan to think this chapter. ;) yall will see.

3rd Person Pov.(not edited)

The atmosphere of the car was regulated. Jordan wasn't speaking and Korali was staring up out of the sun roof, watching the sky.

The sky was in twilight, blankets of purplish hues with shadows of pink and edges of orange lit up the ending day. In a way, the sky seemed magical and it fit with what happened today. Jordan and Korali were a quiescence for now. Not in the sense of perfection. But perfectly whole.

Korali knew they were heading home. She slid her hand over Jordan's and he flinched before relaxing under her touch. Maybe I was being a little selfish. I've never noticed that Jordan flinches when anyone's actually close enough to touch him. She thought. But then again, no one's ever close enough to touch him.

She removed her hand and placed it back in her lap. She wasn't going to push him today. She knew that when his mom came around Jordan was always particularly vulnerable and even sickly.

"Korali, I—I won't be the perfect mate-"

"Jordan that's—"

"Let me finish. I won't be the perfect mate. In fact, I know you deserve better. But I will try to give you all that I am capable of giving. But that could be good or bad."

"Like I've said before Jordan. Loving someone comes with good and bad."

Jordan eyed Korali wearily. He was alexithymic and he knew that she deserved more from him. He was tired. Tired of fighting instinct. Of fighting his heart. It was beating for her; it ached for her. His fingers hurt. He wanted to reach out and touch her soft and delicate skin, to feel the feelings she claimed were emanating from her pores.

But he resisted the urge; although it took all of his energy to do so. He wouldn't touch her without her permission. He didn't want to despoil her perfect skin; to take away from her innocence. He felt terrible enough that he was giving into the idea of being with her. It was wrong to subject her to his torments that came with being with him. But she refused to leave well enough of alone. Korali was the type to do what she wanted and damned the consequences. Because if it made her happy, even for a time, it was enough. Jordan admired that from his mate. She was always willing to do what she thought was right for not only her well being, but his. Her selflessness was bound to get her hurt.