Chapter 16: Peace Seeds

Just one more hit and then we're through 

Cause you could never love me back, cut every tie I have to you 

Your love's a fucking drag. But I need it so bad-Panic! At the Disco, Nicotine

Pics up are variations of the pack house!

Korali's Pov.

I stared at the flower hard and long before I turned back to see Jordan's resting face. He for damn sure was a beauty. But I wasn't an idiot. Well not as much of one, as I was making myself look. I keep forgiving him—I will keep forgiving him. He's my mate and he's fucked up. But I will not tolerate the whole 'I'm doing this for you in the long run' bullshit. I'm mated now. Which means we're stuck together until he gets it together or we reject each other. Either one.

I rolled my eyes and shoved at his chest hard. "Jordan get the fuck up." He jolted awake yanking me toward his firm chest his sleepy eyes searching the room with some type of franticness.

"First, remove your arm," His eyebrows scrunched in concern but he did what I asked. "Second, we need to talk."'

"Kora—"

"No, me first." I shushed him and for once he actually shut up. "Jordan you mistreat me." He tried speaking again but I didn't let him get that far. "Shut up. If I'm going to stay here, by your side as Luna then I'm going to need to know things. From you. I—I will stop pushing you into romance, I know that is the furthest thing from your mind now. But you're going to have to compromise with me or I'm done and I mean that. I no longer have the heat over my head. I can go now and not miss you as much." It was a threat, but I was serious about it. He knew and I knew that the heat kept me around; kept me wanting him with a fierce passion enough to act stupid. But it was gone.

My love was still growing for him. Some people are just like that, unfortunately and apparently I was one of those people. You can't control love once it starts sprouting branches and roots in your heart. You can only allow it to grow in the terrible circumstances and hope that it doesn't get enough water to live thoroughly if you don't want to love that person. But if you do want to love them, you let it reroute your body for the most comfortable position and nourish you.

"I don't follow well with threats." He was sitting up by the now, the blankets pooling at his waist; the black satin sheets contrasting with his tanned skin.

"And I keep telling you it's not manipulation or threats. It's promises and you know it."

He breathed in and breathed out closing his eyes tightly. "What is it exactly that you want Korali?"

My fists clenched and I let out a breath, the bed feeling slightly larger than I realized now that I was away from Jordan. "I want," I paused. What I wanted was him. But it's not what was needed at the time. "I think we need to establish a partnership with running the pack. Then we'll figure out what's going on with anything else."

"Okay," he muttered quietly. His piercing greens looked away towards the window. Or the Aster I don't know. I'm not sure. I could tell he was not happy with this. In fact he seemed downright livid, but I didn't care. This was needed.

I loved the boyish look he had this morning. His dark slightly curly hair was ruffled at the top, so he had a case of bedhead. Could have been sex hair but we were not that far into this 'partnership'.

"What'd your mom really do?" I whispered as if the moment was a substantial amount of feathers stitched by spider webs.

I noticed his breathing quicken and that worried me but I knew not to touch him. He opened his mouth a few times to speak and I just sat waiting patiently. "I've never been close to her. All I can remember was my childhood being a boot camp to become an Alpha. Whenever I did have free time I spent it with Max, Cailo, and Arion." I wanted to ask who the last guy was but I didn't dare interrupt him. Jordan's long fingers fiddled with the blankets wedging them between his index and his thumb before releasing them into a frenzy of wrinkles.