Chapter 2 - "Medicine"

Pic of Tamara's busted lip•

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After that tragic scene Tamara and Regena keeps walking , but in a slower pace because of Mara's mother leg.

They soon stop to get a good rest , and Mara sees her mother slightly shivering. She goes to her backpack she packed and gets the blanket she put in there.

Mara carefully unfolds the blanket and gently covers here mother with it. Seeing holes in the blanket , Mara tries to make her mother warm by laying her body next to her.

To tired to think about what'll happen when she wakes up , she falls asleep at the sound of the wind gently blowing the leaves around on the ground.

Tamara gets up slowly wondering what woke her up. But as her she fully wakes up she looks over to see her mother throwing up in the nearby bushes. Mara quickly runs to her mother's side and holds back her hair , so she won't get any in her hair.

"I'm so sorry." Whisper's Regena. With a frown on her face Mara asked "For what?" In confusion. "Duh , for waking you up what else!" Her mother yells in anger.

Mara shushes her , while looking around to see if anyone's near , or if someone heard.

When satisfied , she looks at her mother with an intense look on her face. Regena flinches back whispering "Sorry..." Mara just nodded. "Now back to business."

Mara said with a serious expression that Regena had to bite on her lip to keep from laughing out loud.

"Are you OK mother?" Mara asked looking her mother straight in the eye , so she can see she was serious.

Seeing how serious her little daughter was , she put on a serious face seeing how much she was worrying her. "Yes, I think I just caught a little bug." Regena lied looking away.

Mara knew her mother was lying for she has looked away. But she quickly shook it off thinking her mother will tell her when she's ready. Tamara looked up at the sky , then quickly shut them again for she's not yet used to the sun yet. Mara. Used to live in a room with no windows.

She remember when she got her first dose of her "medicine" her father gave her , like it happened yesterday.

- 3 year old Tamara sits backed up in the corner of the small closet her father call "Her Room" , far away from the door as possible. She's been hearing her mommy's scream all night.

Or what she think is night , she doesn't know because she doesn't have and windows in "Her Room". All of a sudden the screams had stopped , scared she backed up in a corner thinking it's her then next.

She waited for half an hour for him to come and hurt her like he hurt mommy. But still he didn't come , little Mara begin to relax thinking he isn't coming.

As if the devil is taunting her she has footsteps heading her way. Mara then begins to shakes uncontrollably , shadows block some of the light under the door making it darker then normally.

Her Daddy then open the door with a crazed smile on his face and a glint in his eye. He likes them scared , so he speaks to her making her more terrified.

" You be nice to Daddy and no harm will come you way today." He said with a calm voice but still had the glint in his eye. He brought himself closer to her , and as he did she couldn't help but whimper at his closeness.

She watched as his face expression slowly morphed into one of rage. It came so fast , she first thought someone else was in the closet with them.

In fact she had to look around to make sure , until she looks back to her Daddy to see his hand going back to his side.

Mara feels something drip down her chin. She looks up to the ceiling to find what's leaking ,it dripped on he chin again. This time she reached up to her lip and touched it. When she pulled her hand came back stained with red , confirming that her lip was bleeding.

"That's what you get for not listening you ungreatful little bitch!!" He replied with a sick smirk on his face , as if he enjoys the sight of her bleeding.

"Now stay still Bitch!!!" He yells making her tremble more.

As Shamus came closer Tamara attempted to keep from shaking , and succeeded at it."Time to take your medicine" He said in a sing songy voice , as if he's excited with a new invention.

Little Mara wondered what he was so excited about.

Seeing her confused expression he said "You'll find out soon enough , yell as loud as you want when it hurts."

He left , closed the door and locked it . She listened carefully as his footsteps got fainter and fainter. When they finally disappeared , she begin to feel uncomfortable as if she wasn't the only one in her skin.

Then her skin begin to burn , she scratched her skin so hard she left deep cuts that'll take some time to heal

The burn soon turned to pain. The pain became greater and greater. She screamed at the top of her lungs. She sounded like a screaming banshee. A short time later the pain became unbearable , she screamed so much her throat became scratchy.

It then begin to be impossible so suck any breath in. She was pretty sure her face was red around this point.

She gave up , knowing help was not going to come.

She accepted her fate , she was going to die here.

But just as the thought came of fate , she was then able to breathe. She gulped in air like a fish out of water.

The last think she heard heard was her father's laugh behind the closet door. Before her eyes started to close slowly , for she was sleepy from the exhausting battle she just got done fighting for.

Little Mara knew their was more where that came from and more to come. -

Tamara shivered as she remembered her first time getting her "medicine" of hers." Are you alright?" Regena asked.

Mara looked over to her mother and replied " Yes mother , let's just keep walking."

After Mara helps her mother up they start walking again even though they don't know where their going.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if I misspelled some words , this is my first book and my first!time writing

Tell me how you like this book so far.

Please vote , Like , Share , Follow ,Comment

-Jasmeme