Ziam :: Lost Boy

Zayn was sat on Niall's bed, his head in his hands, his elbows on his knees. What the hell was he supposed to do without Liam? What the hell happened to them?

"You okay, mate?" Niall sat down next to Zayn. Zayn shook his head. Niall wrapped an arm around his shoulders. "We'll find Liam, okay?"

"What if he doesn't want to find me?" Zayn looked up at Niall. There were a few tears in his eyes, but he wasn't crying. "What if he-"

"Look, I know Liam, and I know he just needed to focus on school. I bet he misses you just as much as you miss him, okay?" Niall assured. "Don't worry about it."

"Olay." Zayn looked down at his hands, which were in his lap. "I just can't help but think that he doesn't miss me at all- that he doesn't want me at all."

"He does." Niall said. "Look, if you want, I'll call him, since he doesn't pick up when you try. Give me his number and I'll talk to him, yeah?"

"Yeah." Zayn pulled out his phone, handing it to Niall. Niall dialed Liam's number into his phone and gave Zayn's back, exiting the room.

Zayn hoped it went well.

-•-

Zayn lay on Niall's bed. Niall hadn't reached Liam. Zayn tried to remember the last time he was in his own flat. It was a while ago, the day Liam had broken up with him. That was, what, a month ago? He couldn't be in that flat without Liam. He wouldn't have known what to do. Without Liam, Zayn was just a stupid lost boy.

Zayn tried to close his eyes but they just opened again. Niall was making a racket downstairs. He was talking to someone else in the house, and Zayn really didn't care who it was. Probably Harry or Louis- or both, come to think of it. Harry and Louis spent every waking second together since they'd gotten together.

Zayn tuned out Niall's conversation, staring at the dark ceiling. After a while, Niall was coming upstairs, and from the sounds if it, the other person was following him. Did Niall bring a girl home?

Zayn stood up and turned on the lamp, walking over to the windows and pulling back the curtains. He had a nice view from up here. He could see trees and mountains, and Niall's driveway. There was a car parked there, and it looked painstakingly familiar. Was that-?

"Zayn."

Zayn spun around so fast he almost fell. Liam was in the doorway, a heavy- looking bag in his hand. Liam was looking at him with a small smile on his face.

"Hi."

Zayn was running then, crashing into Liam and hugging him so tight neither of them could breathe.

"L-Liam," Zayn didn't know what else to say. He clung to Liam like his life depended on it.

"Hi, Zayn." Liam smiled when Zayn finally pulled away from the hug. Zayn smiled back. "Look, I'm really, really sorry for breaking up with you. I thought you'd be like a distraction from school but you never would have been and I didn't pick up when you called because I thought you hated me and I still love you and I-I never wanted to hurt you and I just- I really miss you, Zayn."

Zayn just stared at Liam for a moment, trying to take in everything he'd just said. Liam had been talking really fast and Zayn only really caught one thing. "Y-you still love me?"

Liam smiled. He'd dropped his bag a while ago, so he could hug Zayn properly. "Of course I do. I never stopped."

Zayn pulled away from the hug and kissed Liam, hard. He wrapped his arms around Liam's waist and pulled their bodies as close to each other as they could get.

"I love you so fucking much." Zayn whined, pressing his forehead against Liam's. "Never fucking do that to me again."

"I won't," Liam promised. He regretting ever breaking it off with Zayn. It was so stupid of him to do. "I won't, I love you too."

They kissed against and they both felt okay, because neither of them were lost anymore.