CHAPTER 29 - Angels vs. Demons

• Dedicated to John Harper

Copyright CLG March 2013

Chapter 29

Angels vs. Demons

Troianne couldn't believe her ears. "An Angel? Becker what in the world are you talking about?"

"Its just an idea Troi, I have someone I need to talk to before we leave for our return to England. I am pretty sure he will be able to enlighten us on what our options will be in dealing with Joe and this Demon.

Duncan stood and stretched feeling the cuts in his back pull as he swung his arms around.

"Well there is one thing for sure that will happen today and that is; "I ask you Becker please do all you can to keep our girls safe. Meanwhile I am going to go down to the docks and see about passage home. He grabbed his coat and straightened his clothing, leaning over to kiss Troianne on the lips, "after all we do have a wedding to plan once we get home and I am anxious for us to get going.

She smiled up at his beautiful blue eyes with love and squeezed his hand, "yes darling I can't wait to get home and become your wife."

He bid them a goodbye and left.

Becker was witness to their loving affection, he truly felt happy for the couple. He knew that Duncan would make a wonderful husband to Troianne and a loving, doting father to Diana.

"Troi, I have a guard stationed outside of the door, I am going to meet with my contact and discuss some options. I will be back shortly. Please do keep the door locked at all times. I am sure Duncan will be back shortly."

"Okay, Becker, I feel the need to freshen up and change my clothes while I have a few moments to myself. See you soon."

After locking the door she turned to her ablutions and tried to relax a bit. There were so many things she needed to think about right now, the voyage home, the wedding, keeping Diana safe. Her head was swimming with all that needed her attention. At least once she arrived home, mamma and daddy would be there to help her with Diana and there was always Daria her future mother in law to help with the wedding preparations. She thought it best to let the men do their leg work of investigating Joe and this Demon. She would continue to pray to Jesus that her special little girl would remain safe and loved forever.

Deep down in the third realm of Hell where all was dark, dank and dripping with the despair of eternities tortured souls, rotted green flesh lined the walls of his cave, while tree roots long rotted turned to liquid goo and the lowest of lowliest souls could be heard crying a croupy cacophony of misery. Tardik sat on his slick and slimy thrown of green rot and everything evil. His long nose dripped snot and his soulless black eyes hung from a rotting skull. Draped in rotted garbage and waste he sat contemplating what he had been told by the minion named Joe. The child would soon return to England. There was a better chance of stealing the child away from her mothers arms if they were to return home where they would let down there guard. Joe had a plan to capture the child himself during the wedding festivities. Tardik looked deep into the cesspool at his feet, in the pool of murky darkness he could see glimpses of the future. So far everything that Joe had promised after the last failed attempt at kidnapping the child had seemed to reveal itself as truth in the pools depth. Not so pleased with the waiting. However, knowing that in the end the prize would be well worth it. He stood to his tallest height of seven feet tall looking up through the porthole of Hell he called to his Master, "I Shall Have Her Soon My Lord, We Will Reign Supreme And Live Above Once More!" Small earthquakes shook the earth at his proclamation, a fine misty rain, permeated the dark, dank mustiness. Tardik saw a rat scurry by, this was no ordinary rat, it possessed a human head. The frightened eyes in the beasts head looked at him and let out a scream, it tried to run but Tardik was quick, he grabbed the rat by its neck, ripped its head off and ate it. then smiled a bloody, rotted smile of satisfaction, all the while crunching on the skull.

Becker arrived at the mountain top Monastery of Chevreause, upon horseback and was greeted by a friendly looking monk named Father Pierre Albert Gaultier a wise old monk with the look of a saint about him. Possessing a gleam in his clear blue yes and a smile that made you feel warm inside the man was like a god on earth. "Good morning Father, how are you this fine morning?"

"It is a pleasure to see you Monsieur Love, what brings you to Chevreause today?"

"I am looking to speak with Michel, is he available to speak with me briefly."

"Ah it is sorry I am to tell you that Michel is not here. He has been called to do god's work in Giverney."

"Perhaps you would be so kind father to tell me where in Giverney he may be. It is of utmost importance that I speak with him as soon as possible."

"Monsieur Love, you seem troubled is there something I may help you with?"

"That is very kind of you Father, however, i must speak to Michel privately on this matter and have no time to waste. A child's life is in danger and I must make haste."

"But of Course, Monsieur, Michel is at the home of a widowed mother of four, named Mademoiselle Gisabelle Carbone, she is needing his help with her children, they have all been afflicted with a mysterious illness. It would be wise of you Monsieur to use caution."

Looking at the stoic monk, he took his words into consideration. Becker knew that the work Michel did was sometimes dangerous, walking into something he knew nothing of could end badly for the children or even the whole village. These were strange times when good vs. evil struggled for supremacy. Sometimes those evil forces needed to be driven out of this world, sometimes even humans.

He bid goodbye to Father Gaultier. As he turned to leave he remembered something and leaning sideways on his saddle he reached down and handed Father a bottle from his side saddle, wonderfully made wine from the south vineyards of the Palace of Versailles he had brought with him as a peace offering if needed.

The old Monk smiled and waved Becker goodbye.