Chapter 5 - Upon Arrival.

Copyright: CLG March 2013

Chapter 5

Upon Arrival

Listen to the song: Lightning Crashes by Live, while reading this chapter it will have more meaning.

Clop, Clop, Clop is the sound Troianne heard as she slowly came to. Trying to open her eyes she sat straight up and looked at her surroundings. Lightning flashing she tries to get a look at her dark surroundings.

"Where the heck am I?"

She realizes she is not in the taxi anymore, she sees tiny little windows with red velvet tassel curtains, a scream bubbles up in her throat thinking that she is dead in a coffin.

"Oh dear God I have died and gone to hell!" giving a frightened giggle she realizes that she is in some kind of carriage as the vehicle seems to be moving forward and swaying back and forth. She clutches her stomach as a strong pain hits her, she screams an ear splitting scream while pounding on the roof of the carriage.

Slowly the vehicle comes to a stop, she yells "Help". The little door to the carriage opens, Mr. Gilford is standing there wringing his hands. The rain is pouring heavily, running in rivets down the old mans face.

"Mr. Gilford, help me! The baby is coming!"

"Milady, we have just arrived at Cusworth Hall and I am going to see if I can find someone to help. Please give me one moment to go fetch someone." "Oh please hurry," she requests.

She watches through the little window while the little man approaches a mansion, as much as she can see it being so dark with rain drops marring the window. Another clap of Thunder followed immediately by the brightest bolt of lightning she has ever seen. Clutching at her gown and praying for help she watches as the little man pounds on the big door.

Pounding as hard as he can, Mr. Gilford yells, "help someone, help please someone help."

Through the crashing thunder and flashing lightning he doubts at this hour if anyone will be about to answer the door.

Just as he is ready to turn back to the carriage and the screaming young lady inside. The door opens and standing there is a very tall man with a grimace on his face.

"My good man what is the meaning of this?"

"Why do you pound so on my door at this late hour" throwing up his hands" and in this horrid weather."

"Milord it is sorry that I come to your home so late in the evenin, but you see sir I have a lady here in my carriage and she is ready to give birth right in your drive and I have no idea how to deliver a child."

Mister........?

Oh sorry Milord, my name is Gilford...Marvin Gilford at your service.

"Hmm yes well it seems I am at your service tonight Mr. Gilford."

"Now please show me to this caterwauling female and lets see what we have."

They both run in the rain to the carriage, they hear her screaming through the howling wind and rain,

The tall man needs to assess the situation, yanking the carriage door open he enters the carriage, barely able to fit in there with the young lady sprawled out between the two bench seats.

He stares at the woman before him. "Can this be? this woman, she is his angel, he knows it! She is here, but how?" Thinking to himself, "My God is this really happening is this really the woman that has haunted my dreams?"

She interrupts his stare as she looks upon a handsome man that seems so familiar, yet she knows that she has never met him before.

She breaks the stare and he settles himself between her legs and asks "have your waters broken yet my lady?"