Chapter 10.

He was young, he was hot,
he made me feel alive.
so in love I was falling,
ooh, it’s early morning.

He took me in his hands
and squeezed me real tight.
I was humbled and so joyful
depending on this guy;
he didn’t last very long
a week or maybe two.
when he called me on the phone
saying baby I don’t love you.

It took three hours before the screaming subsided, every time Freya’s eyes met the now pale pink stain on the previously cream carpet she felt it bubble up again. She was so afraid that it was human blood on her hands, invoking her childhood fear of the red juice that the only person to calm her was the concussed Tristan, who hobbled out of bed down the hall to hold her until she stopped being so scared.

Even when they discovered it was pigs’ blood it still didn’t alleviate any fear, there was still the thinly veiled threatening letter from someone who knew a lot more than they should, and if she was honest that scared her more than anything.

So there she was, in Tristan’s dark room, the deep citrus tang she associated with him filling her nose as she lay on his bed. She looked over to where he lay on the antique love seat looking extremely uncomfortable. Sighing she sat up trying for the millionth time to get him to swap with her.

“Trist, you look constipated”. She said poking his unhappy looking face. “I’m going back to my own room”. She said trying to sound brave, a facade which was ruined by a little shake in her voice on the last syllable on the last word.

“No, no you sleep here, I’m fine”. He said picking up on her fear, as good an actor as he was, he was caught out by the loud crack from his back as he straightened up showing how stiff he was.

“Seriously, if you’re going to be so pig headed about keeping me in here, you could at least sleep on the bed”. Freya said pulling him up with all her strength, something that was close to impossible with the sheer size of him.

“I don’t want to make you uncomfortable”. Tristan said in a low voice moving his arm so another loud crack filled the air.

“Trust me, I have shared a bed with Luis since I was 12, the only thing that makes me uncomfortable with guys is the flatulence, but you never know, maybe Luis just had extreme ass gas”. Freya said with a tinkling laugh.

“Yeah but the difference between Luis and I, is that one of us prefers women’s jiggly bits for something more than accessorising”. Tristan said over in the corner of the room making her laugh her head off, the bed shaking like crazy while she tried to regulate her breathing.

“Can you accessorise Boobs?” Freya asked curiously sitting up, catching sight of her bed head in the mirror opposite the end of the bed. The bed shook once again as she frantically began to comb out the curls and waves with her fingers.

“Ask Luis, I’m sure he can tell you in detail”. Tristan said, shuffling slightly, making the loud crack fill the room.

“Tristan...” Freya began lying on her back looking up at the ceiling.

“Yes Freya?” Tristan asked, she could hear the smile in his voice from across the room.

“Get in the damn bed; I swear I won’t molest you”. She said smiling this time; she heard the sigh from the futon before a rustling of material.

Finally the sound of a voice inches away from her face made her jump, “Jeez you don’t have to be so pushy”. She laughed trying to cover up the scream bubbling in her throat, she had screamed enough for one evening.