Chapter 6

| | Sorry for the long wait.. But before you read the story I would just like to say that if you are reading my book, Summer Love, I won't be updating it nearly as much as this book. I've noticed that people like this book more, so I'm going to put my time and energy into this one. I also want to say that I've started school again, so I'm really busy and I probably won't be updating as fast. I have A LOT of homework each day, and not only that, I make covers for people. | |

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1000 READS I WAS SCREAMING WHEN I OPENED UP WATTPAD AND SAW THAT OMG ILY GUYS SO MUCH

{this is unedited}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What about this one?"

Crystal spins around in a long red dress, giggling. I put my head in my hands in frustration. We've been at this store for THREE hours, and she still hasn't decided on which dress to wear to her date.

"You know what Landon likes, right?" Crystal looks at me with a concerned face.

I shrug. "No."

She glances over at the pile of dresses we've collected. "I still can't believe he asked me out. I didn't even know he liked me."

"Crystal," sighing, I remove my hand from my face and look at her with an annoyed expression, "You just got out of a relationship. I would wait a little longer before you jump to conclusions."

Crystal continues staring at the pile of dresses. "This is too much, isn't it? I mean, he only asked me out to the movies."

I nod furtively. "Why don't you just calm down a little, and just wear something casual. You don't want to look desperate for his attention."

"You're right.." She sighs and walks back to the dressing room, and almost trips over a dress that was sprawled on the floor.

As I wait for her to change into her clothes, I get up and look at a white lace dress that caught my eye. I pick it up and place it against my chest, and look in the mirror to see if it fit.

This got me thinking. I haven't had a day to myself ever since my parents decided to ship me off. Everything has been revolved around Landon and Crystal's untold feelings towards each other. For crying out loud, they are only going to be able to be together for 3 months. And then Landon and I have to go back home. What's going to happen then? Do we act like this never happened?

I should drift away from this drama and have a day to myself. I feel like I deserve it. After all, I've just been hiding in the background while Landon does what he wants.

"Alrighty," I hear Crystal walk out of the dressing room with a navy blue dress draped around her arm, "we can go now. I picked out a casual dress."

I watch her walk over to the cash register and pull out a wad of cash from her embroidered wallet. I look at the white dress in my arms, and say, "Wait! do you think you can pay for two dresses?"

Crystal looks over at me and sees the dress in my arms. She smiles, like she understands. "Of course I can!"

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

I walk into my hotel room, and smile at the cleanness. Finally Landon decided to pick up his dirty clothes off the floor.

Crystal walks in behind me, and throws my dress onto my bed. She already changed into hers. "First things first," she flips her dark brown hair over her shoulder, "I just have to ask where you're going, wearing that dress." She points at the dress on my bed when she says, "that".

I thought all that through in the car. "I'll be going to the beach. I'm also bringing my camera, for, y'know, pictures."

Crystals eyes widen. "You're wearing a hundred-dollar dress to the beach where there's sand and water?!"

I nod and say, "I just want to have a day to myself, while I'm doing something I love. And I want to look pretty while doing so."

"Well, unfortunately, nothing can make you look pretty," Landon walks into the hotel room, and smirks evilly at me. "Not even that dress."

I scowl at him. "How did you hear our conversation?"

"I was sort of eaves-dropping from outside the door." He scowls back at me, and then smiles when he sees Crystal. "You look beautiful."

Crystal smiles flirtatiously at him and giggles.

While they flirt disgustingly, I creep into the bathroom with the dress and quickly change into it. I put my wild blond hair into a bun, and grab my camera. I walk out of the bathroom to see Crystal and Landon eating each other's faces.

Well, I exaggerated. They were... kissing. But it looked like they were eating other's faces. And for some reason something inside my chest hurt when I looked at them. I've never had this feeling before, and it was terrible. I wanted to cry. I hate being alone.

I clear my throat, because I was unable to say anything coherent. Crystal pulls back from Landon immediately, her face red.

"We should go." Landon takes Crystal's hand and pulls her out the door. A second before the door closed, I hear Crystal yell, "Bye, Paige!"

And I was left alone, standing in the room.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

I really hope you enjoyed this!

And omg. I AM SO SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE FOR A MONTH! PLEASE FORGIVE ME! I've just been so busy in school and things got chaotic in my life and just ugh. I will try to update every other week, or when I'm available to. Thank you so much for being patient.

And I know most of you are thinking that this story is going "too fast". Look, I know what I'm doing. I have this entire story planned out (well, the middle part and the ending). This is just how I write my books.

I also want to inform you that this book will have somewhere around 22 chapters. :) Keep reading!

And the girl on the right -------------->

is Crystal.

~Ellie