Chapter 2

5 hours and 40 minutes later

"Folks, we have begun our descent to Maui, Hawaii where the current weather is 75°F, and we will be in the gate in about twenty minutes. We'd like the flight attendants to prepare the cabin for arrival, and we want to thank you for flying with us today.."

The pilot's voice rings over the intercom, and I shift in my seat uncomfortably, knowing that as soon as we land, my horrible 'vacation' will begin.

I feel Landon move around in his seat next to me. He's probably thinking the same thing I am.

**

2 hours later

"Oh, shut up, Landon!" I screech while driving the Hyundai rental car. Landon had just been singing Justin Bieber's song Baby because he knew it annoyed me. To add more effect,  he rolled down all the windows in the car, and the pedestrians on the sidewalk were giving us weird looks as we drove by.

"Baby, baby, baby oooh.."

I swerve the car sharply to the right, just to warn him. He lets out a shrill shriek, but continues;

"Like baby, baby, baby nooo!"

I turn the radio on and turn up the volume all the way. Luckily, it drains out his screeches and singing. And even better, the band playing was One Direction. I sing along to it, and Landon gives me a look of pure disgust.

"You have a terrible singing voice!" Landon yells over the music.

I sing louder, and purposely make myself sound even worse. This makes Landon sing to a different Justin Bieber song, and our voices grow higher and higher like we were in competition.

I stop at a red light, and a person in a black BMW flips us off, and shouts, "Shut the hell up!"

Landon and I stop screeching at each other, and I turn the radio down. I hear Landon whisper under his breath, "People are assholes.."

I grin and say, "For example; you." I mentally pat myself on the shoulder for thinking of that one.

Landon bursts out laughing, and he wiggles in his seat, unable to contain himself. He laughs so hard tears flow out from the corner of his eye, and his face grows red from being unable to breath.

I furrow my eyebrows, and harshly say, "What?"

His laughter dies down slightly, and he manages to reply, "Y-you looked so p-proud of yourself!" At this, he shrieks in laughter again.

Wow, he sure gets entertained easily.

The light finally turns green, and I angrily turn sharply to the right, to get to our hotel. The first thing we did when we got out of the airport was pick up the rental car, and now we are finally going to go to the hotel.

Furious at Landon for laughing at me, I abruptly stop in the middle of the road.

Stopping his laughter to give me a weird look, Landon says, "What the hell?"

I smirk evilly and sit there with my arms crossed over my chest. "Apologize," I reply. Cars starting honking and people were shouting.

Hooooonnk

"What did I do!?" Landon shouts, his eyes growing wide.

Hooooooooooonk

"You laughed at me!" I shout back, infuriated. No one gets away with laughing at me. Especially if my comeback was awesome.

Irritated, Landon yells, "FINE! I'm sorry!"

"That's not good enough!" I slowly calm down, enjoying Landon's suffering.

HOOOOOOOOOOOONK

Landon cries, "What else do you want me to say?"

"Say Paige is the best, she's beautiful, and she has spectacular comebacks!" I say coolly, grinning from ear to ear.

Hooooooooooooooooooooonk

"Move out of the way, lady!" I hear a man in a car scream behind me. Unfortunately for them, they can't swerve around me because this is a one-lane road, and it would be an extremely tight squeeze.

Landon's eyes grow even wider from fright. Hesitantly, he mutters, "Paige is the best, she's beautiful, and she has spectacular comebacks."

I grin proudly, and continue driving. I watch the sun set and slowly make its way down, revealing us in darkness.

15 minutes later, we arrive at our destination.

Landon jumps up and down excitedly in his seat, seeing the marvelous hotel.

It was 5 stories high, with modern shaped windows and a very green front lawn that was littered with colorful flowers.

I jump out of the car and grab my suitcases. Rolling them inside, I take in the view.

The front desk was shaped like the crescent of the moon, and it's tabletop was dark granite. There was a dolphin sculpture in the far right corner, with water spewing out of it onto the small pool below it. The wallpaper was a light color to contrast with the granite from the front desk, and it looked wonderful.

"This hotel must cost a fortune," Landon says in awe while rolling in his overwhelmingly large suitcases.

It's probably a big portion of the 10,000 dollars spent to come here, I think to myself while gaping around the room.

"Hem hem," The front desk lady fake coughs in annoying way, and Landon glares at her.

"Oh, sorry." I mumble and walk over to her, setting down my suitcases.

She smiles sweetly, and says in an even more sweet tone which made me know she was faking it, "It's okay, dear. What's your name, so I can give you your room number?"

I give her all the information she needs, and she points to the door behind her.

"Your room number is two hundred and fourteen," She says, flashing us with her same fake smile.

I walk to the door, grab my suitcases, and roll my eyes. Landon follows close behind me, with a snort.

"I hope you have a nice stay!" The front lady calls after us as we walk to our room.

We pass by 210, 211, 212, 213, then finally, after what seemed eternity of hauling the heavy suitcases around, we plop them inside room 214.

Landon stops abruptly in the middle of the room, which causes me to bump into him and fall on the floor.

"There's only one bed!" He shrieks.

I get back up again, and notice the one and only king size bed in the hotel room.

I gulp.

__________

Uh oh. How are Landon and Paige going to deal with that? (don't worry haha)

This chapter was like a filler, sort of. I wanted to show you how Landon's and Paige's relationship is. They sort of hate each other, but then they can also have fun (like they part when they were having a singing competition in the car)

I would like to give a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE thanks to these 4 people who made me beautiful covers:

1. @gzzzlr

2. JadeEmelee

3. @dapurplefluttrby

4. @hollypocket

They won the contest, and may I say that their covers were amazing!!!!! Please follow them and comment on their message board saying how awesome they are! I'll be posting each of their covers in the multimedia, and I will tell you when I do so. The cover I currently have now is gzzzlr's. I will switch between each of these people's covers.

Please read their stories!!! ^^^^

Thanks for reading! Remember to vote, comment, and share!

~Ellie