Chapter 3

"You're sleeping on the floor!"

"No! I'm the lady so I should sleep on the bed! Do you have any manners?"

Landon paces back and forth, thinking. His face is red from anger, because he isn't getting what he wants.

I say quickly, "I'm sleeping on the bed." I throw myself on there and sprawl my arms and legs everywhere so he can't move me.

"Paige," Landon warns me, and I swear I could see steam coming out of his ears. I bite my lip to stop myself from laughing.

"Is the big boy mad because he's not getting what he wants?" I mockingly say, thrusting my bottom lip out and giving him a sad look. I rest my chin on my hands, smiling evilly at him.

"I don't care how much you mock me, but I'm sleeping on the bed. I'm really tired, Paige." He grabs my ankles and pulls me off the enormous bed, and I fall to the floor.

"Dammit," I mutter in defeat.

Landon throws a small blanket at me, and says in an exhausted voice, "Here- this will-," he stops in mid sentence to yawn and I give him a dirty look but he continues, "keep you warm."

I throw the blanket over me, and grab my ultra-soft pillow I brought with me. I didn't think to bring extra blankets.

I curl up into a ball to save my body heat because the blanket doesn't do anything. I make sure I'm exaggerating my sighs of frustration so Landon can hear me.

I hear Landon sigh softly and mumble, "Fine. You can have the bed."

I get up excitedly and throw myself on the bed, but instead of landing on the actual bed, I land on Landon.

"OUCH," Landon shouts, and he squiggles underneath me. I can't help but burst into laughter. He throws me off, and I land on the side of him, still laughing. He falls onto the floor, and that makes me laugh even harder.

"Shut up!" He shouts angrily, and for some reason it strikes me as hilarious. I continue to laugh.

"Shut up you stupid, worthless brat!" He throws a pillow at my face, and I almost pee myself of laughter. Normally when someone calls me worthless I'd cry or say something mean back, but right now everything in the world is funny.

Except when someone jumps on top of you.

I let out a scream for help, but realize it's Landon who jumped on me. "Not so funny now, is it?" He smirks at my face, but I continue screaming. I don't like it when Landon is inches away from my face. Call me a little kid, but I could feel the cooties rubbing off of him and onto me.

This time, Landon laughs and I stop screaming. I stare at his face, and then I think of a wonderful idea to get him off of me. I lick his nose.

But instead of falling off of me like I hoped, he freezes in place and stops laughing. He stares at me with a weird look on his face.

The situation quickly became awkward.  Landon was literally just staring at me. Finally, after what seemed like 10 minutes or so in being that same position, I break the awkward silence.

"Are you going to get off of me?"

Landon jumps off me and mutters, "Sorry," then crawls into the blanket on the floor.

That was really awkward. He was literally just laying there staring at me in disgust. Or what looked like disgust. I did lick his nose after all, because I wanted him off me. But no, he has to make it the most awkward thing in the world. What's his problem?

I try to fight back a laugh at his unusual behavior, and turn off the light.

I lay there in the darkness and let it engulf me into a long, dreamless sleep.

______________________

Yes, this chapter is a lot shorter than the others. I'm updating tomorrow to continue this chapter. Or maybe later today.

I wonder what Landon was thinking when Paige licked him. Well she sort of licked him hahaha..

The cover I'm using right now is @dapurpleflutterby 's

She made it for me^ and won a contest. Check out her works! She's also an excellent cover maker.

Thanks for reading!! It means a lot to me. Especially if you vote, or share.

~Ellie