Chapter Twenty-Four: Calm of the Storm.

I really hope you enjoyed the first arc! I know I only have over 200 reads (for that, I'm really grateful), but thanks for sticking with it for the past 24 chapters!

The following chapter will be where a BOC Voting List will be posted. I'm still not sure how I'd even go about doing that, but it seems simple enough. Anyways, just comment on it for who you'd like to see Abaron and Shori end up with! The characters with the most amount of votes will, obviously, be the BOC.

If you have any suggestions on how you'd like them to be paired during the story, let me know! I'd love to hear your ideas!

Abaron's POV

The days since Aizen’s betrayal had passed quickly. My time in Squad 4’s Intensive Care Unit had served me well. Even though my spinal cords were completely shattered, they were able to fix me up, good as knew.

I was glad to hear that Ichigo and the others were treated more like guests, rather than as intruders. Since his recovery lasted only half the time of mine, he was already out and about. Of course, not until he apologized to me about a billion times. It was so irritating! He kept me up half the night, saying how damned sorry he was. I had to throw a vase at his head to get him to shut up so I could finally sleep. Captain Unohana wasn’t all that happy about it, thoughm and regardless of my injuries, she had me clean it up. No, that’s wrong—she made me clean it up.

The others were supposed to go back to the World of the Living tomorrow. I just wish that I had more time with them before they did. I wanted to talkto Ichigo without having the impulses to throw flower holders at his head. I wanted to talk with Orihime about how she felt towards him. I wanted to beat up Ganju for when he beat up Ichigo, just for the fun of it. And I wanted to talk to Uryū, because I just knew that we both had questions for each other.

With a huff, I stared out the window. The sky was as bright and blue as it always was. The clouds left just as fast as they came, as they circled the air outside the protective barrier around the Seireitei.

I evoked how annoying it was to get through that thing; I got airsick as soon as Kūkaku had launched us, and speaking of Kūkaku, I just remembered what she made me promise her before she left:

“I expect to see you mopping my floors when you’re all fixed up!”

I groaned. I knew that I was still under her contract, but does she have to make me work the moment after I get better? Now I know how Ganju feels. I groaned again. She’s so insistent, yeesh. Maybe, if at all possible, I could escape before she could force me to work. Yep, that sounds like a good plan to me!

“I’m so bored!” I looked around the room. A shining sink sat in the corner of the room, connected to two counters. The doors of the cabinets underneath it were open, revealing several bottles of cleaning and healing supplies. Next to the cabinets were two cans; one yellow, one black. The yellow can was filled to the rim with old needles, while the black was filled with quite a few pieces of garbage. Next to the cans was the door, which was shut. On the opposite side of the door was a closet, wide open and full of blankets, sheets, and robes. Across from the closet was a small table, and strangely enough, it had several vases filled with various types of flowers (I wonder who they’re from?). Beside that was a wooden chair, which had been vacant for the last forty-eight hours.

I haven’t had any visitors since then. It’s gotten rather boring. My wounds were healed, so I didn’t understand why I couldn’t walk around. Maybe it was for the best to just stay here, despite all that. I’d probably just get in the way of everyone while they treated.