Strike

You're everything I thought you never were
And nothing like I thought you could have been
But still you live inside of me
So tell me how is that

You're the only one I wish I could forget
The only one I love to not forgive
And thought you break my heart
You're the only one

'Broken Hearted Girl' by Beyonce Knowles

We walked to the car and Jesse drove off. We drove in silence as I was in my own little world. Out of the corner I saw Jesse shooting me worried glances every few minutes but ignored them. I didn't noticed we pulled up until I felt Jesse touch my arm. "Are you alright?" he paused and I nodded,"We're here." I looked up at the sigh on top of the one story circular building. I groaned. "What's wrong?" Jesse asked worried.
"I can't bowl!" I exclaimed.
Jesse chuckled and I hit him lightly on the head. "Ow," he complained.
"This isn't funny. I have never bowled in my life except on wii. I ended up throwing the ball backwards and you are thinking about arming me with a flipping 5kilo ball!!" I ranted. Jesse clamped his hand over my mouth laughing. "Chill, breathe in, breathe out," I followed his instructions and when I had calme down at bit he continued,"I can and I'll teach you. Trust me."
"Oh that's not the problem, I trust you, I just down thrust the ball and my mental ability."
He chuckled,"I'll help. Come on." he reached over to opened my door and practactly shoved me out the door. He then got out, came around to me, closing my door as he grabbed my hand. I dug my feet into the ground complaining as he dragged me in. He went up to the desk and waited in line. Behind stood a girl around my age casually leaning her elbows on the table. She had light brown short hair in a pixxie cut. When she looked up her eyes widened as she stood up straight. She quickly ran her hands through it as her eyes raked Jesse's body. She looked down and then back up through her lashes blushing slightly. I recognized her from somewhere. "umm.. Uh..Hi, I'm Alice, How can I help you?" she said nervously.
"Um can we get a lane?" Jesse asked.
"Sure," she quickly turned to her computer and typing,"What size are you guys?"
"well, I'm a ten.."Jesse trailed off looking at me. I humfed and crossed my arms over my chest, not answering. Jesse rolled his eyes with a smile playing on his lips. He looked down at my shoes then back up at Alice. "We'll try a 8 for her." "Here," she said handing us our shoes,"I'll show you to your lane."
She quickly came around the desk and led the way. We told her our names and put them into the machine. She was really friendly and sweet but quiet. She quickly said bye and was off, her cheeks red the whole time. I wonder what that was about? I shrugged it off as Jesse directed me to the rack of bowling balls. When I picked the first one up gravity over took it and, if it wasn't for Jesse saving it, it would have probably put a hole in the floor. With a huff a tried getting it back up but Jesse took it and easily put it back. "Show off," I muttered and he laughed. He went around feeling them all and he pick up one and handing it to me. I hesitantly put both arms out and ready to push up from the weight. When he dropped it, I tensed but it was a lot lighter then I thought and almost through it behind me. Jesse quickly gain control of it as I agusted to the weight. I got control of the light ball and Jesse was cluntching his stomach with laughter, and if it weren't for the fact that we were in public he would be rolling on the floor like a dog. Tears were running down his face as I placed the ball back. I hit him and he starts to sober up, hiding his laughter. I soon found my ball on my own as Jesse gave up on sobering his laughter. I huffed and walked back to my lane. I heard Jesse follow me. "No... Please... Tay.." he choked out through his laughing attack. I put my ball down and then turned and glared at him. "Aww don't be like that. You... You should've seen your face."
My glare darkened. He grinned and putting his ball down pulled me into a hug. "Sorry," he whispered. When he pulled away I smiled and lightly punched him in the shoulder, "Come on, we don't have all so you better start teaching me how to get that ball down to hit a least one pin."
He laughed as he picked up his ball at took his first shot. Of course, just to make me feel bad he got all the pins down. He grinned proudly as he headed back to me. "Come on," he handed me my ball and walked up to the start of the lane. He stood behind me and told me how to hold the ball. Putting his hand on the ball to help me support it's weight he talked and walked me through the steps. "So, swing it back towards me," he whispered in my ear, his breath tickling it,"push it back forwards and relise." The ball soared down the lane knocking down 5 pins. I squealed in excitement, bouncing up and down. "okay, try the next one by yourself," he said getting my ball again and handing it to me. "You're joking right?" I asked nervously.
He shook his head,"Just give it a go."
I hesently turned to the lane and went through Jesse's words. Pull back, push forward and relise. Taking a deep breath I started. Back, forward and release. I pouted as the ball drously mosied down about three meters of the lane before veiring into the gutter. I turned to Jesse and saw laughter in his eyes. I sighed, putting my hand on my hip,"Go on, laugh."
"No," he choked almost loosing his composer,"It was good."
I raised an eye brow,"It didn't even make it half way down," i cried and that cracked him, he laughed, but luckily not as much as before. "Well at least it didn't go backwards," I grumbled.
"Oh, come on. You'll get it. That was your first try," he assured me.
Jesse had his go and it was mine after. My second attempt wasn't much better. By the end of our first game I had single handedly bowled five pins over. Yep, defiantly pro. "Okay, we have to play one more game. I think I'm getting the hang of it," I said to Jesse.
"You call that getting the hang of it?" he asked. I stared at him. He gave away being polite a long time ago at about my 3rd shot. "Shut up. I'll get it." I jumped up from my seat and went up to the desk. Alice was still sitting there. She was staring at something behind me, oblivious to my advance. I curiously followed her gaze and smiled. "You like what you see?" I asked and she jumped in surprise. When she looked at me her cheeks burned bright red. I laughed as she looked down. I walked around and mimiked her posision so we were both looking at him. "Have we met?" I asked.
"Yeah, we go to the same school. I saw you on your first day," she looked up at me.
"Oh yeah, I've seen you around." We fell into silence.
"Hey Alice," called an older man behind us, "You're off."
"Thanks Ben," she called back taking her vest off. She lent back down next to me.
"How do you act so natural around him?" she asked bewildered.
"What do you mean?"
"Oh come on, look at him."
I laughed,"Well I had to get use to him, I live with him."
Her jaw dropped,"So you're who all the girls are talking about."
My eyebrows rose. "What do you mean?"
"They are all jealous as hell because you get to live with the JAMISONS."
I studied her as she looked back at Jesse wistfully. "You really like him, don't you?" I said softly.
Her face turned the color of a tomato and she look back down. I take that as a yes. "Come on, we were just about to play another game, you can join us. I'll introduce you and it'll be fun."
She shook her head, standing up fully,"No way, he doesn't even know I excist. And I can barely form a sentence in front of him."
"You don't know if he doesn't know you excist. Just be yourself and he'll love you." I grabbed her hand and led her to our lane again. While we were walking I remember the last time I made a stranger friend, Adam. But I quickly pushed down the panic and fear that flooded my body. 'No, Jesse said Adam was bad news but he hasn't said anything about Alice' I told myself. 'I'll be caushes'. Taking deep breaths we walked the rest of the way to Jesse. "Hey Jesse, this is Alice and she's going to play with us." He looked up and smiled widely. It wasn't until then that I fully relised how hot he was. I shook my head. 'No' I told myself sternly 'remember your last boyfriend'.
"Awesome, nice to meet you Alice." Under Jesse's attention she blushed.
"You too," she said quietly with a smile. She turned and her eyes searched the font desk for someone. "Hey Ben," she said and the older guy turned back around to face her,"Could you get us another game please?"
He chuckled, "Can do Alice."
Our screen quickly changed and Jesse entered our names again. "Just be yourself," I whispered to Alice. She nodded and went to grab a ball. "You ready?" Jesse asked us as she returned,"You're first Tay." he gestured towards the lane. I sighed sadly and pushed myself up. I grabbed my ball and turned to look at Alice sternly. "Don't laugh," I said seriously.
"Oh come on, you can't e that bad," she said kindly.
"Ypu want a bet?" Jesse said and I hit him. "Ow!" Alice laughed as I turned to the lane. Giving the pins a death glare I stood at the very edge. I picked up the ball as Jesse told me and trew. It bounce it way half way then turned to the gutter. I pouted for the hundredth time that night and turned to see Alice laughing along side Jesse. "Told you," Jesse gasped. Alice grinned and picked my ball up again. "Come on, I'll help."
We walked up to the deadly lane. I held the ball proply again. "Okay, firstly," she said taking the ball from me," If you saw this ball how would you pick it up?" I put both my hands under the ball. "Now, because everyone is different try bowling like that to see if you get more power. Because your a beginner this might be easier. Bowl how ever you want," she gestured to the lane. I re gripped the ball and swang it between my legs and forwards. It hit just to the left of the pins knocking down 6. I squealed in excitement. "Tank you thank you thank you," I jumped up and gave her a big hug. She laughed, hugging me back. I pulled away an look at Jesse smugly, "Huh, see it wasnt me, you're just a bad teacher," I said, childishly sticking my tongue out. He rolled his eyes," Ypu just got lucky," he said.
I laughed," Wanna bet?"
Alice had her go, getting a strike, and Jesse went getting a spare. "Oww, beaten by a girl," I teased.
Jesse shook his head smilin slightly,"Come on, prove to me before wasn't a fluke."
I heard Alice laughing as I picked up my ball and trew it. Again it hut the pins but 7 were knocked down. I had my second shot and only one was left standing. "Wooohooo," I cheered as I ran up to Alice and pounced on her giving her another hug. I pulled away, grinning smugly at Jesse. He shrugged,"It was alright."
"It was alright?"! I yelled," it was flipping awesome!!!!" I slapped Alice a high five and doubled over laughing.
"Girl power," she cheered. Jesse just chuckled.
The rest of the afternoon we spent bowling. Alice loosened up and became more herself. It was exactly what I needed. I needed to have fun and that we did. The whole time I got 2 spares. I was so proud. It was 6 o'clock by the time we were leaving. "Thanks for playing," I said to Alice as we walked out.
She smiled and gave me a hug," Thanks for letting me. I had fun. We shold do it more often."
"Totally," I grinned.
Jesse grabbed my hand an said," We better go, dinner probly almost ready."
"Okay cya," Alice said
"It was nice meeting you," Jesse answered. We hopped into his car and drove home.
**************************************************************************************************************************

Howie:D Sorry for the short upload but I've been away so haven't had much time. So what did you think about Alice?? I need you thoughts on wheither Jesse should be with Taylor or Alice. I don't want the story to be to clique or anything so I'm tossing up and would love to hear your opinions.

Please comment, vote and fan

PS Thanks you for everyone who fanned me and even if you haven't thank you for reading:D xx