The Secret Is Out

"Good morning," he said sitting down.
"Morning," I said, "What are you doing here?"
"Oh I brought my little sister here," he pointed to a young brunette girl that had curls down her back.
"Aww," I cooed, "She's so cute!"
He laughed, "Yeah, a cute pain in my bum."
I laughed. "What about you?"
"Oh, I brought Wes here," I said pointing at him.
"Yeah, i know him. He's a cute kid." As if he knew that we were talking about him he ran up and yell, "CCCAAARRRLLLOOO!!" Carlo stood up as Wes jumped into his arms. "Hey mate," he said chucking him in the air, "You having fun?"
"Yes," he nodded eagerly. Carlo put him down and Wes came up to me. "Can we play with the ball?" he pleaded. I looked down at my ankle unsure. He looked so desperate.
"Alright, but you are going to do all the running," I warned. I lent down and picked up the ball. "Do you and your sister wanna play?" I asked Carlo.
"Sure thing," he said. He turned and called his sister over. The little girl ran over and said, "What?"
"Do you wanna play ball?"
"Yes," she cheered jumping up and down clapping. He grabbed her hand and turned her to me," Pip this is Taylor, Taylor this is Pip."
"Hello," I said holding my hand put.
She jumped up at me and I just caught her. I wobbled slightly but someone put their hand on my back to steady me. "HELLO!" she yelled.
I laughed, "Hello," I said again, "Ready to play?" I asked putting her back down.
"YYYEEEESSSS," she ran across to the grass area with Wes on her heals.
I chucked the ball at Carlo and said, "Come on, let's get there before they run into a tree."
He laughed and we walked over to where they were. I ended up just watching, as Carlo played with the kids. He picked them up and spun them around. He would throw the ball really high and they would try to catch it. It was amusing to watch. I sat down on the grass as they continued. It was good watching them. They love it and I love watching them smile like there's no tomorrow. I closed my eyes and let the sun soak into my face. "Why don't you guys play with each other for a while?" I heard Carlo suggest.
Wes and Pip laughed slowly faded as they ran away. I felt Carlo sit next to me. He stroked my arm and I slowly opened my eyes. Tingles went up my arm and I looked into his eyes. "Did you have fun?" I asked breathlessly.
"I would have had more fun if you played," he said locking his eyes with mine.
I scoffed, "I'm sure."
"No seriously," he said caressing my face. My breath hitched as he searched my eyes. "Everything is better when you’re there." he smiled softly, "You're smart, funny, talented." he took a deep breath, "And, I really like you."
I shook my head and pulled away from his hand, looking down. This isn't happening. Why in the world would this guy like me? Why would one of the most popular guys in the whole school like the plain newbie? I tried so hard to keep the happiness from his liking me out of my head. Why was he doing this to me? I could only come to one conclusion, "What do want from me?"
Confusion struck his face, "What?"
"Why are you doing this?" I whispered.
"Doing what?" he asked, bending down to try look me in the eyes.
I took a shaky breath, "Why are you lying to me?"
He was quiet for a second, "You think I'm lying to you?" he asked gobsmacked.
I nodded my head, "You really think i'd believe that someone like you would like someone like me?"
"What do you mean someone like me and someone like you?" he asked still trying to look into my eyes.
I felt my eyes well with tears. "You, Carlo, have pretty cheerleaders falling at your feet and I, Taylor, no one would look twice at." I reached up to wipe the tear that had spilt over. He cupped my face delicately in his hands, like I was going to break under the slights of movement. He reached up and moved a piece of hair from my face as he said, "You are delusional," he smiled, "You are the most spectacular girl I have ever seen and whenever you walk down the hall way everyone stares, whether it's with envy or lust. You're bubbly and don't focus on what you look like. You do what you want, you eat what you want and you are who you are. Now those girls, they aren’t and never will be anything on you." I searched his eyes as he search mine. I looked down unsure. He sighed and the next thing I knew his lips were crushed against mine. At first I was surprise but I quickly melted into him. I grabbed his face and pulled him to me as he put one of his arms around my waist and the other in my hair. Everything disappeared; it was just me and him. His tongue traced around my lip asking for entrance and I hesitated. I knew what it was like to lose everything you had. I knew what it was like to be heartbroken and I didn't want that again. I unwillingly pulled back and rested my forehead on his. I looked down sadly. I really like this guy but I couldn't go through that again. He could break me and I would be worse than when I started off. "What's wrong?" he asked lifting my head up.
I sighed, "I don't know if I can go through it again."
"Go through what?"
"Heart break. I mean come on, you could change your mind about me once you get to know me, you never know and I have already been through that, I don't think I can go through it again."
"Taylor," he said softly," I promise to never hurt you. I will do anything to make sure you don't come to harm. Please just give me a shot," he begged. His eyes probed mine and I softened as I saw truth in his eyes. I reached my hand up and held his to my face. "I’ll try," I whispered. A grinned broke onto his face and I couldn't help but smile back. He pulled my face to his and this time when he asked for entrance I accepted whole heartedly. It was better than I expected. But it was cut short as an, "Ewww," erupted near us.
We broke apart quickly and looked up at Wes and Pip. Their faces was contorted with a disgusted look. I blushed slightly, "Why aren't you guys playing ball?" I asked, embarrassed about getting caught by 4 year olds.
"We got bored," Pip said.
I heard my phone go off and i crawled over to it. I looked down at the caller ID and answered, "Hey, Jenny. What's up?"
"Oh hi honey, where are you?"
"I just took Wes up to the park. Is that a problem?"
"Oh no," she said quickly," That was really nice. I just called to tell you lunch is ready. So if you're ready you can come home and have some."
"Oh yeah, sure. We're on our way," I said.
"Okay, cya soon."
"Bye," I finished snapping my phone shut.
"Wes, your mum has lunch on the table. Are you ready to go?" I said turning to him.
"Okay, one more slide," he begged.
I sighed, "okay, but just one, then come back over here."
"Yeah, same with us Pip," Carlo said, "Why don't you go with Wes and have one more slid." Pip nodded and they ran off to the slide together. I got up slowly and Carlo handed me my bag. "What are you doing tonight?" he asked, a little nervous.
"Nothing why?"
"Do you wanna go somewhere?"
"Okay, where are we going?"
"It's a surprise," he said evilly.
"oh come on tell me," I said, putting my puppy dog eyes on.
"Don't try that on me," he said disapprovingly, "You'll just have to wait." he lent down and kissed me on my lips again. This one was shorter but very, very sweet. I smiled, "Alright, pick me up at 7?"
"I'll be there," he grinned. The kids came running over and we said good bye as we walked back home. We were near the front door when I stopped and turned to Wes. "Hey can you do me a favor?" I asked.
He nodded, "You know how you saw me and Carlo, you know," he nodded seriously, "Don't mention that to your brothers alright?" he nodded again. "You promised?" I said childishly. He head out his pinky and I shock it with mine. I smiled and he grinned back. He ran through the door and I followed slowly behind him. I walked to the table where the boys were crowded around a plate of hot dogs. "Hey guys," I said slipping in to grab one. " Hey Taylor," they all said through mouthfuls of food. I took my hot dog and went to find John. I knocked on the study door. "Come in," I heard him say.
"Hello, Taylor," he said putting his pen down.
"Hi, John."
"To what gives me this pleasure?"
"I was just wondering if I could ask you something."
"Shoot," he said standing up.
"Well, I was wondering if I would be able to not use the crutches anymore. My ankle doesn't hurt at all and I was just wondering if it was possible."
He looked over my ankle. "It isn't bruised or swollen anymore." he stood up. "Why don't you try walking on it?" I nodded and gently put my foot on the ground. It didn't hurt at all. I started to lean on it slowly and didn't feel anything. I lent Bill and Ben against the wall and took a step. My footwas a bit stiff and I could feel slight pain but it was manageable. I took another step and kept going. "How does it feel?" he asked.
"It feels fine, actually. Better then I hoped."
"Okay then. You don't have to use crutches but just take it easy."
"Okay, Thank you," I said gratefully.
"That's alright," he said walking back to his desk. I walked back into the kitchen. "What happened to our cripple old Taylor?" Jesse said.
"'Cripple old Taylor doesn't need Bill and Ben," I said happily.
"Aww, I think Bill and Ben will miss you," Dylan said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.
When we finished we all sat on the couches in the living room and played PlayStation. "So," Jesse grinned after just thrashing me in a car racing game, "How was the park?"
I stiffened a bit but rolled my eyes, "Fine."
He turned to Wes, "What about you? Did you have fun with Taylor?"
He nodded, thoughtfully, "I did," he said slowly, "We saw Carlo and Pip and I have no idea what Carlo and Taylor were doing." he smiled proud with himself but I froze. All heads snapped to my direction and I looked down cursing all the lords on this earth. I just learnt a very important lesson. Never trust a 4 year old with a secret. Dylan turned to Wes and asked sweetly, "What were Carlo and Taylor doing?"
Wed looked shocked as he looked around at all eyes on him. "I... I.. Don't know?" he stuttered like it was a question.
Tristan looked at his older brothers. "Let's go outside shall we? It looks like a lovely day," he got up and so did the older brothers. "Come on, Taylor."
I shook my head quickly. "You know what, I think I will just stay and play with Wes and Carter. I've been outside all day and I think I have had enough sun." I smiled sweetly but he just picked me up and chucked me over his shoulder. "Owfff," I grunted as I hit his hard arm," You're such a gentlemen," I said sarcastically. He walked us out the front door with the other boys behind us with angry expressions. He placed me on the floor and I heard the front door close. "That was a little harsh," I grumbled.
"What happened at the park?" Steven said.
"Why the hell would you give a crap?" I said glaring at him.
"What happened at the park?" Jesse yelled. I flinched and whimpered. He has never, ever yelled at me. It felt like he had slapped me. He was yelling at me like he was disgusted, like I have never heard him speak. My shoulders slumped and I felt tears well in my eyes. "Don't hurt her!" Wes screamed as he ran through the crowded boys and into my arms. He saw my wet eyes and a tear slip over and his eyes started to get wet. "Why are you crying?" I asked, shocked.
"Because you're upset," he wailed. He twisted in my arms. "Don't hurt her," he ordered the boys.
I smiled and I turned him back to me, "Don't cry," I said quietly, "I'm fine. Go back inside and play with Carter."
"But what if they make you cry again," he objected.
"I'm fine. I'm a big girl. You go have fun and I'll be in in a minute," I wiped away a tear on his face and placed him down. He ran back into the house waving. I sighed and faced the boys wiping my eyes. "What do you want?" I asked hoarsely.
"What happened at the park?" Jesse yelled again, like he was talking to a 5 year old. I took a step back, scared from his face. Where did this anger come from?
"Calm down, Jesse," James said, "You're scaring her." He stepped out towards me. I stepped back again so I was away from them all.
"You know what," I said calmly, "You wanna know what we did? We kissed and to be completely honest I don't see the big problem."
There was a pause, "Where just worried about you," Pete said.
"And why would that be?"
They looked around awkwardly, "No reason," James said.
I scoffed, "Come on James. You are the worst liar. Tell me."
He looked at Jesse and Jesse gave him a glare. Then he looked at me and I raised my eyebrow. "Well, we know about your past," he mumbled.
My blood went cold, "What past?" I asked.
"About what your dad did and why you're here," Tristan said.
I went pale then everything went red. "What part of don't tell anyone didn't you understand?" I screamed at Jesse.
He looked shocked at my outburst. "I don't see the big deal," he said shrugging.
"YOU DON'T SEE THE BIG DEAL," I shouted in disbelief," You don't see the deal in telling everyone about my past that I had purposefully kept from them? You really think I want them to know what my father did? I was ashamed of my dad and you took why I felt that way about him and spread it around." My voice got thick with tears but I continued, "You told the one thing I hate about my life and now whenever they see me they will see my past not who I am now. Didn't my trust in you mean anything?" I shoved past their shocked figures and went to my room as quickly as possible. I slammed and locked my door. I walked over to my sketch book. I jumped onto my bed and started drawing. My lines were dark and wet splotches fell onto the page from my eyes. It was of Jesse's face when he was yelling at me. When I was done I turned the page and drew what I assumed my face looked like. It was a mix of hurt and shame. I felt like I was just a little child again disappointing everyone. I through my drawing on the floor and gripped my hair with my hands. How did he blow me off like that? I heard a knock on my door. "Taylor," Jesse said quietly. I stayed quiet, like I wasn't there. "I'm sorry," he whispered before walking off. A few minutes later I heard another knock. "Taylor," James said, "Come out. We all need to talk." I didn't say anything and curled into a ball. "Come on Taylor, I know you're in there." I heard him try to open the door and sighed when it didn't budge. "We're sorry." he waited and when I didn't do anything he sighed leaving.

*********************************************************************

Heyy Guys:) So what ya think? i cant believe Jesse told everyone!!!!!!! What do you think about Carlo? Sweet, Cheesy or Evil?? lol If you have any suggestions feel free to share with me and i love hearing your comments

Thanks a bunch:) xx