What Would You Rather? Carlo's POV

CARLO'S POV 

Darn it. I was half an hour late. Darn mum for being late from work. I had to take care of Pip, my baby sister. I ran up the footpath leading up to Jesse's place and knocked on the door. No one answered. I knocked again. Noone. I pushed on the handle and found the door open. I walked in and up the stairs. I looked in all of the bedrooms and found no one. I was turned around but I stopped when I heard someone in the far room. From what I remember that room was empty. I walked up and found the door open. I heard a girl playing the guitar an singing. she was really smooth and sung with passion. She sounded amazing. I peaked into the room and lent against the door to listen.  

I watched you die 

I heard you cry 

Every night in your sleep 

I was so young 

You should have known better than to lean on me 

You never thought of anyone else 

You just saw your pain 

And now I cry 

In the middle of the night 

Over the same damn thing

Because of you 

I never stray too far from the sidewalk 

Because of you 

I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt 

Because of you 

I tried my hardest just to forget everything 

Because of you 

I don't know how to let anyone else in 

Because of you 

I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty 

Because of you 

I am afraid

Because of you

When she finished she took a deep breath. I couldn't help it. I started to clap. She wiped her head around startled. When she saw me she looked away. Whoops. "Umm.... Wow, That was," I stuttered thinking of the right words to explain what that was, "really good," I concluded knowing it didn't say exactly how fantastic that was. I saw her cheeks flush red. She cleared her throat and said shakily, "Hey, Carlo, What ya doing here?" 

"Well, you see I was suppose to pick Jesse and his brothers up to go to this party but when I knocked no one answered so I came up here to find them. I heard you so I came to listen." I explained walking up to her. She wasn't looking at me so I lifted her chin gently so she was facing me. "You're really good," I whispered. She tried moving her face out of my hand but I kept my hold on it. I looked into her beautiful brown eyes and saw that they were embarrassed and slight guarded. She was perfect. She had big eyes and full pink lips. Her hair fell softly around her face making her the most beautiful girl i have ever seen. I moved my hand a lightly strokes her cheek. "You're beautiful you know," I whispered sincerely. I had no grip on her making me look at me so she shook her head, disbelieving and turned to her desk. Did she really believe she wasn't pretty? How is that possible? All of my friends are talking about her when Jesse isn't there. "Um, Oh Well the guys left about half an hour ago." 

Darn it! I took out my phone to check the time. It was already 11:30. I had 3 missed calls from Dylan and Jesse and a text saying that they waited but were already there. "A bit late to go now," I said quietly. I looked up to see her turn around. "Do you mind if I hang out here for a bit?" I asked really wanting to spend time with her.