It's like an interrogation . . . except you have to lie

Second update of the day :) (i'm being too nice hehe)

I exited the class and followed the girl down the hallway.

“Am I in trouble?” I finally asked her.

She looked at me with gentle brown eyes, “I haven’t got a clue. I was just told to deliver the message.” She then added quickly, “But I doubt you’ve done something wrong. I mean, aren’t you new today? That was a silly question, of cause you’re new . . . but I’m not saying that you stand out as a new student in a bad way, you can just sort of tell who’s new and who’s not.” She babbled uncontrollably before saying, “I’m going to stop now, sorry. I’m Molly by the way.”

I nodded carefully, “I’m Rosie.” She was obviously in the year below me; she looked too young to be in the same year as me.

“I know,” She gestured to the slip of paper, then looked scared, “I mean, Hi. That was rude of me, sorry, it’s just I already knew your name. But I shouldn’t have told you that.”

At this point we’d come to the main reception where I’d begun my day and the nice lady behind the desk smiled at me and waved Molly away with thanks.

“Bye Molly!” I called to her as she scurried away. She paused and waved at me before disappearing through the door.

“Right, Miss Walker,” The lady said, “If you’d just be so good as to go through that door there and wait in one of the chairs before you’re called into the office, that would be splendid.”

I didn’t get time to question why I was there before I was ushered into a small waiting room with a door at one end that I guessed lead into another office.

The plaque on the door read Mr Spock and Mr Kirk – school councillors.

My eyes widened at this. What the hell was I doing waiting to see the school councillors?

“You going to just stand there and gawp?” A voice suddenly said and when I turned I realised there was a guy sat on one of the seats in the waiting area.

I laughed nervously, “I was just wondering why I was here, that’s all.”

The guy raised an eyebrow critically. He had soft eyes but a face of strong features and his hair was short and a faded brown colour that almost made it look grayish.

“You’ll probably be here for the same reason as me.” He said as I sat down next to him.

“And why’s that?” I asked still confused as to why I was seeing councillors.

“The fight, duh!” He said as if I knew what he was on about.

I sat and stared at him for a moment until he realised that what he was saying wasn’t registering with me.