3:Others

I heard a loud smack as Jay slammed the hockey stick down. I looked over his shoulder to see a guy flinching, holding his head because the pain.

"Is he infected?" I asked.

"No you dumb ass!" A girl screamed at me. Coming next to her friend seeing if he is okay. I rolled my eyes already knowing that me and her weren't going to get along.

"Sorry i thought it was one of the demons." Jay said helping the guy up.

"So whats yall's names?" I asked stepping beside Jay.

"Im Ava and he is Adam." Ava said not meeting my eyes.

"I'm Jay and this is Layla." Jay gave me a warm smile. He looked over at Adam and helped Ava move him to the couch. We stood there silently.

"Well I'm guessing you are the only few people alive?" Ava said looking at Jay. Jealousy erupted in me. Why was i getting jealous over Jay? Well i don't know..Because you like him! My inner voices shouted at me.

I stepped over to the side grabbing onto Jays arm.  "I think we should leave. We don't know how dangerous this place can get." I said. For the once she looked at me without hatred.

"I agree with Kayla." She said.

"Layla." I said telling her my name.

"Whatever." She muttered. There it was again the hatred. I looked behind Adam to see him getting up.

"I say we should leave." He got up, his voice was gruff and his eyes never left mine. I felt a little intimidate but swallowed it and kept staring into his.

We walked out the of the house looking around not seeing anything demonic like. We walked quitly are bags with us stuffed with things we need.

"We need to go to a bilo first." I said reminding them. We needed to make sure we had everything we needed.

"Okay." They all said as we walked through (anything but the streets) grass. Ava and Jay stook still looking around.

"I have a-" Ava started.

"Bad feeling?" Jay said giving her the smile that he usually gives me. I was angry again. Hoping something was near by. I notice a flicker of movement to see something standing in the trees.

"Well come out!" I screamed at it picking up the baseball bat and walking to it. I was so angry that i didn't care. He came out a smile on his face. It was a vampire you could tell by the pale skin and golden eyes.

I ran toward it while it stood there. It met me half wa and picked up my arm.

"Wow." I muttered and started hitting him in the head with the bat. He still didnt let go.

"Thats it..." I bit his shoulder causing him to shout in pain. My teeth broke skin and i kicked him away. I started beating his neck with the baseball finally he stopped moving and laid there limp.

I picked up a stick and stabbed him in the chest.

"Lets go." I walked off leaving my paralyzed friends. I was still pissed off at Ava and Jay and that the vampire didn't take away my anger.

We walked for miles. Ava and Jay were non stop talking while Adam walked beside me and was quit. I wasn't in the mood to talk. Plus I could see how Adam looked at Ava. I don't blame him if he was mad them to.

We finally walked up to a Bi-lo. I walked inside looking around on my guard.

"Me and Layla will go while. Ava and Adam go get other things." Jay said. I followed him down the cereal isle.

"Whats wrong you seem mad." Jay said. Turning me around so i was facing him.

"I feel like you care more about Ava." I said knowing he was going think of me as some retarded girl with  a crush.

"Wow Layla." He muttered smiling. "Look i like you. More then a friend. Just i don'tknow. Plus you don't like me back so why bother?" He said. I clenched my fist alot.

"I like you to. More. All i want to do is keep us safe." I siad. He pulled me up my legs wrapping around his waist. I gave me a hug. "So does this mean were going out?" I asked smiling my mood changing.

"Yes now lets get some food." He put me down as awe got some cocoa and fruity pebbles.

Jay's Pov:

Me and Layla walked through the store putting foods that wouldn't spoil in are bags. I was so happy that she was mine. Now i just had to keep her safe. My number one priority. We met up with Ava and Adam at the front of the store.

She saw me holding Layla's hand and scowled. I could tell she didn't like her but pushed that away. We walked out to be met by a bunch of zombies. Layla picked up her baseball bat, me my hockey stick, Ava had a knife, and Adam had a pointy stick.

"Ready?" Adam asked. We nodded. As the zombies made a screeching sound and came toward us. I starting hitting them trying to get them all down. Layla was just beating the crap out of them like she did that vampire.

Ava was slicing there necks and making sure they didnt get anywhere near them. Adam stabbed them over and over. In about 15-20 minutes a bunch of dead zombies were in the parking lot.

"I saw we run." Ava said smiling as we ran out trying to find somewhere to go.