Your Sweet Talk Always Was A Bit Much Chapter 5

Vote and comment please!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I dropped Blake off I offered to give him a ride back, seeing as I was going home in about three hours. It turned out that was just about the time that he would be done with whatever he was doing as well. I didn’t ask exactly what that was. No need to pry into his business, hell I had just really talked to him for the first time.

We finished band practice early, since our drummer Dan had somewhere to be, and Carl was busy in the storeroom, so I didn’t hang around to chat with him like I usually did. Instead, I hauled my guitar and the spare acoustic guitar that I had left at Joe’s into the backseat of Lex’s car and texted Blake that I was parked outside the old theatre. I was leaning against the driver’s door, smoking to pass the time.

            “Hey,” Blake greeted, walking up to the car.

            “Hey. Sorry just let me finish this smoke and we can go.”

            “You play guitar?” he asked, nodding to the two guitars in the backseat.

            “Yep. I was practicing with my band.”

“What type of music do you guys play?”

            “A bit of everything really. We still haven’t found our particular sound yet. We all like experimenting too much. We went through this piano jazz phase recently, but ultimately its all has a rock element to it.” I finished the cigarette and stubbed it out. “Do you play an instrument?”

            “I play a bit of guitar, but not very well. And- well, I play the oboe,” he confessed, seeming embarrassed by it.

            “Are you any good?”

            He nodded, not arrogantly, but self-confidently. “Yeah, I’m good. Just now I was rehearsing for a stage production that we’re doing the orchestra for.”

“That’s cool, you know one of my band mates, Charlie, is always trying to incorporate different sounds and often has to give up because he can’t find a suitable person who’s both good enough and interested to work with him. If he ever needs an oboe player, I’ll give him your number.” I opened the door and we both got into the car.

“Sounds cool.”

We chatted about music for the rest of the drive. As I dropped him off I asked, “Are you coming to Damien’s party on Saturday?”

“Probably. Luke wanted to go.”

“Alright, well I’ll see you then, maybe.”

He laughed. “I’ll see you in school tomorrow, Madeleine.”

“Right,” I muttered, trying not to blush. I never talked to anyone in school.

“Bye,” he laughed as he got out of the car.

            Lex came over to pick up his car, as he wouldn’t let me drive it to his place. I guess I should have been a bit annoyed, but I was more puzzled than anything else. What could he be hiding from me? Could he be embarrassed by where he lived? I don’t see why he would be – the apartment I shared with Damien wasn’t exactly a palace. And any guy with a car and motorcycle like Lex had – he had told me the brand or make of them both, but they didn’t really mean anything to me and I promptly forgot – wouldn’t be ashamed of where he lived. And he didn’t have roommates, I had asked.

            We were having a party, and even though it was only ten, because were already wasted.

“Hey, beautiful,” Lex came up behind me, putting his right hand on my hip, while he drank from the beer can he was holding in his left.