Chapter 33: Painter Problems

Like the majority of my chapters: unedited. 

Chapter 33

"Just get any pair of shoes!" Jessie cried out. I rarely see her impatient about shopping but since it was for sneakers, I understand her impatience.

"Calm down, let me find my size at least. How about you look with me? I'm an 8 1/2." I told her. I saw her reach for a box but I grabbed her hands. "And don't try and make me squeeze into a 6."

She placed the box back and was searching beside me. Since I've been bored lately, and Jessie has been saying that it was because of Adrian, or lack thereof, I was trying to kill some time by getting a pair of white Converse. In case you were wondering, it's one of the many things on my bucket list.

I am trying to wear them to school tomorrow before I help Denise paint Mattie's room. I was hoping that I could get them signed and completed tomorrow. I'll leave a space just for Adrian just in case we get on good terms again, but I don't want to make it too obvious.

"Here!" Jessie nearly cried, tossing the box at me. I looked at the size and smiled in satisfaction. I tried on the shoes to make sure my feet didn't grow, which was highly unlikely.

I bought them and walked with Jessie towards a girly store. She was buying an outfit for her and Trent's date on Saturday. I groaned when I watched her search the racks. "Do you know his favorite color?"

"Why would I know his favorite color?" I snapped. She frowned and I took out my phone, clicking on his contact and messaging him with the question about his favorite color. "Dark blue."

"I love dark blue!" She grinned, suicide diving to a rack with darker clothes. I just sat near a high heel aisle on a chair. I watched as she thumbed through the clothes. "Do you happen to know the shade?"

I gave her a flat look. I wasn't asking Trent that, he'd think I'm some sort of creep. What's your favorite shade of dark blue? Adrian eye color during the day or Adrian eye color during the night?  I scowled at my thoughts.

Everything seemed to pace back to him. What color shoes should I wear today? Adrian likes red so maybe I can wear my red sneakers. What movie should I watch today? Adrian like's White Chicks so watch the movie.

___

"Want to sign my shoe?" I asked Logan when I caught him during the walk to the lunch room. He nodded, telling his friends to get him his lunch before sitting down beside me and taking my left shoe in his grip.

"So are you and Adrian on good terms?" Logan's voice was quiet even though the hallway was nearly empty. I couldn't see what he was writing; I just know that he chose the purple Sharpie.

"No and I don't know if we are going to get back on good terms." My leg was starting to ache from sitting in the position I was sitting in. He just kept writing though. What was the boy writing? A novel?

"You need to get back on good terms, he's been single for too long." Logan told me. I let out a bark of laughter.

"Let him hook up with a dumb blonde." I replied, feeling the Sharpie writing across the shoe.

"You'd be surprised by how down in the dumps he is." Logan snorted. "And I don't mean the sewage pipes."

"He probably is just sad because he doesn't have someone to harass anymore." I watched as Logan took the Sharpie away from my foot and capped it.

"Please, he didn't harass you. Didn't you hear the saying; if a boy teases you, it means he likes you?" Logan said, grabbing my hand and helping me stand up.