Chapter 25: Yes, you share a drink on a date.

Sowwy, not edited.

Chapter 25

I woke up to Adrian rapidly tapping on my window. I’m usually a very light sleeper, but seeing as I was up all night finishing my work, thanks to Adrian’s subliminal message within his words, it would take 17 Earthquakes to quake me up. Get it? It’s a pun.

When I woke up, I managed to stand up without getting dizzy and make my way over to the window. Adrian was standing there with a cheesy smile on his face. He was already dressed for school.

“What?” I hissed, rubbing my eyes. I probably look like a train wreck and a windstorm swept into one, or should I say blown into one? Ba-dum-tss. I’m so punny in the morning.

“Get ready,” He demanded. I realized that the sun hadn’t risen yet and it was still dark. I looked at my clock and then looked back at him, ready to scream bloody murder. “Just get ready, ask questions later. Dress comfortable.”

With his last words, he closed his window and I turned on my light, muttering obscenities. I looked at the clock again and sighed loudly. It was 4:58 A.M., nearly 5 in the morning on the day of my suspension.

After taking an extra-long shower, hoping it’d wake me up; I dressed in a simple pair of black jeans and a long sleeved purple sweater. I dug through my closet and found my purple and black sneakers. I easily placed them onto my feet after my fresh clean socks. I then proceeded to decorate my face with makeup.

A simple eyeliner and lip gloss should suffice. I sprayed a light perfume on myself. I walked over to the window, swinging it open and raising an eyebrow at Adrian who was dancing around his room awkwardly. I pounded on the window and he jumped, placing his hand over his heart before he turned with a smile.

“Hey, are you ready?” He asked me, a smile on his face. How could someone be so happy this early in the morning? It’s inhumane, I tell you.  

“Depends on what I’m supposed to be ready for.” I informed him and he placed a finger to his chin before he shrugged.

“I’m not quite sure; just meet me down at the car.” He smirked, closing his window. I nodded my head, closing mine as well. I quickly packed a small purse. I made sure I had my wallet, backup makeup, a small spray bottle of perfume, my cell phone, and a few other necessities before I quickly made an escape.

“Where are you going?” My mother asked me and I quickly stood up straight. The hunch made me look suspicious… and like Quasimodo.

“I’m just making a run to the diner before school. I want to get a good breakfast today, I have a few tests. A coffee won’t do this time. I need a real meal.” I excused and my mother nodded, sipping her mug of hot tea.

“Were you up late last night studying?” She asked me and I nodded my head, running a hand down my sleeved arm before I pointed back towards the door.

“Well, I’ve got to go. I’ll see you later, love you.” I told her and she nodded, letting me escape her gaze. I’m surprised she didn’t ask about my backpack.

“What about your book bag? Aren’t you forgetting it?” She asked me and I shook my head.

“I completed my homework in study hall so I left my bag in Jessie’s car. I only took my books home and the school prefers that we not bring them,” I lied and then pointed to the door. “Now, I have to get going. Jessie’s impatient.” I told her and she nodded, waving me off. I sighed as I exited the house.

“Where are we going?” I asked Adrian as I approached his car. He opened the passenger’s side door for me, like usual, before quickly getting into the driver’s side.