Chapter Seven- The new lessons

*Sorry this is such a short chapter, I realised there was an overlap from the previous chapter so I had to shorten it*

Chapter Seven

“What did you write down as your fear?” Jett glanced at my paper. Henry had given us a worksheet, where we stated our fears/weaknesses and what we thought our strengths were.

“For psychological I said the dark and for physical I said speed. You?”

“Height for me and also reflex. I’m so bad that when Taylor chucked me a ball I just stood there watching it until it smashed me in the face.”

“Ouch,” I winced, imagining the event. “I have no idea what I’m good at though.”

Jett laughed. “Oh come on you’re good at so many things.”

“It’s always hard to assess yourself. It feels weird.”

“Okay,” Jett straightened so he was looking straight at me. “Why don’t we do each other? I’ll go first.”

I nodded and we locked eyes.

“Your psychological strength is determination. If you want to do something you will get it done no matter what,” Jett said honestly.

A small smile tugged at my lips and I couldn’t help my body flush with happiness. It felt nice to get a compliment like that, it filled me with strength.

“Well Jett,” I barely had to think for a second. “You are the most compassionate person I know. You look after the people around you.”

“Thank you,” Jett smiled just as Henry came to take everyone’s papers.

He took the papers and set them in a small metal box in front of the class. “Now that that’s done, Miranda,” he indicated for one of the students to stand. “Could you please do the honours?”

The girl stood up tentatively and shuffled to the front of the class. Henry indicated to the box and for a second the girl seemed confused until suddenly realisation dawned. Reaching up she plucked out one of her long blond hairs and dropped it into the box. A second later there was a whoosh and fire appeared in the box. It lasted less then half a minute but once the fire died down the metal box was empty.

Henry addressed the once again stunned students. “In this class we will be experimenting in the true meaning of fear and will. We will be exploring what you each fear the most, the thing you are so afraid of you cannot even admit. And we will also bring to light the strength that could save your life.”

---------------

“What’s your class like?” Sasha asked me as we made our way down to the cafeteria for dinner.

“It sounds like a lot of hard work. Henry seems scary as a teacher,” I answered, adjusting my puppy dog pyjamas.

“I’ve got Ms George and the class is about channelling our inner soul. From the brief I think we’ll be doing a lot of yoga,” Sasha sighed. “I hate yoga.”

“At least you don’t have to dig into your mind and fight the thing you fear most. I’m scared because I have no idea what it could be,” I said as we began collecting our food. Leaving the line we took our trays over to the dorm table, the rest of our friends already chatting and digging into their food. I sat beside Blaze and he took a second to look up from his food and smile.

“How are you?” He asked, skidding closer to me.

“I little scared for the new classes but not to bad,” I took a spoon of mashed potatoes.

“They’re a bit daunting, right? Mine’s about strengthening our will, learning to do something without hesitation,” he said.

“Lucky,” I grinned.

“Hey!” Pip caught everyone’s attention. “Did anyone hear about the newspaper article?”

Everyone shook their heads. “What was it about?”

“Supposedly the article was talking about the idea of enhanced human abilities and suspicions that some genetic disease was flooding our population right now,” Pip explained.

“You mean they know about us?!”

“No, I don’t think they know much. I think some of the teachers went into the city to find out more. I think they’re worried the writer knows something about us, or at least it could lead to an investigation of the school,” Pip answered.

“That’s scary. I don’t want people to find out,” Taylor’s eyes went wide.

“Don’t worry, Ms Lovejoy will take care of it. She wouldn’t let anything happen. And anyway, I’m sure it’s just some crazy reporter with ludicrous theories,” Sasha assured him.

“Ludicrous theories that are actually correct,” Pip added and Sasha gave her a glare.

“We can look after ourselves, we fought of a whole bloody school!” Aiden said, brandishing a chicken leg.

“Exactly, we could fight of the whole army if we had to,” Blaze smiled.

Happily everyone began to eat again. “When can we go into the city? Don’t we get a weekend?” I asked Blaze.

“In a few weeks our year gets a fieldtrip and another one in a few months for the dance formal.”

“What do we get to do there?”

“Usually shop, stock up on supplies, bowling, eat out, just relaxing stuff. I’ll show you the coolest candy shop, it has hundreds to choose from,” Blaze put an arm around me and kissed my cheek.

“Wow, I can’t wait to go.”

We listened to the others eat and talk, enjoying how easy it all was.

*******************

Hello everyone,

I just want to quickly thank everyone for reading, commenting, voting, fanning, loving, and doing everything else that has made me cry in the last minute. You are all amazing and are a very big reason that has kept writing as long as I have.

However, as hard as it is to say this, I will not be writing any more of this story in the near future. It is so hard to read your comments to "continue updating", many of which have brought me to tears (as sappy as that sounds)  but I know I will not be writing for a while. It was a mistake (though a good one) to even consider writing a second book to Vires Academy. It was hard enough to finish the first one but you guys all gave me so much support that I couldnt help but want to write a sequal. It's not the story or Wattpad that have made me stop, I've just stopped writing stories all together. I love to write, don't get me wrong and it is near impossible to come back to wattpad and see all your comments and not continue to write, but I just can't do it any more.

I hope that changes in the future. Writing is one of my passions and has changed my life. but for now it is good bye.

Maybe by the time you read this I'll have gotten over my "rough patch" and you'll be reading the next chapter.

So to conclude this awfully long speechy thing, thank you.