Chapter 3: The Plan Put Into Action

Nate's POV

"What's going on?! Where are you taking me?!" I yelled. "Who are you?!"

"We're secret agents sent here to protect you, okay?" a man said. "We're not here to cause you any harm"

"He's right. We're sending you back to safety" another said.

"Where?"

"To New York" a girl said. "Listen, don't cause any trouble okay? Don't do anything that will get you attention. Hide your identity. Understood?"

I just nodded.

"Good. You should leave now. When you arrive, there'll be someone to fetch you. He'll be dressed in something formal. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll notice him"

And the next thing I knew was I, boarding the plane.

After a few hours, the plane finally arrived to New York. As I boarded off the plane, I noticed a man looking just like how the girl described to me.

"This must be him" I murmured. I approached the man.

"Nathaniel Gray?" he asked.

"Uhmm..yes" I answered. The man smirked, and I suddenly got a strange feeling in my stomach. Something's not right here.

"You wouldn't be able to escape now" the man said. With that, I backed off and made a run for it. I was already surrounded. And they all ran after me. What's even worse is that no one seemed to notice what's happening. I ran so fast I didn't even care who or what I would bump with.

"OH!" a girl exclaimed.

"I'm so sorry! I have to go!" I yelled at her as I ran away.

I managed to get to the parking lot of the airport. The next thing I'd need is a way out of here.

"Have nowhere to go Nathaniel?"

I suddenly turned around to see all those guys chasing me, right in front of me. Okay, so maybe this is it. Or maybe, there'd be some life saver who would come here and save me.

Yeah, as if that would happen. I can dream, can't I?

But, it turns out I was wrong. Suddenly, a car went by and all I knew was I, being dragged into the car.

"Looks like you got yourself some trouble out there"

"Hey. Oh my god. Thank you" I muttered, breathlessly as I looked at the driver of the car.

"You?" I muttered. She suddenly stopped the car.

"Whoa. Don't look at me like I'm some retard or something" the girl- the same girl I bumped with earlier, said.

"Are you a stalker or something? You're the girl I bumped with, aren't you?"

"FYI Mister. I am not stalking you! Besides, you're the one who crashed into me and didn't even bother to help me. You should be grateful that I even helped you in the first place!" she said. I just stared at her. She sighed.

"Okay, where are you supposed to go?" she asked. "I'll just drop you by"

"Uhmm..actually" I began. "I- "

"Wait, don't tell me you have nowhere to stay!" she said. I just smiled.

"Oh, and don't even think you can fool me with that smile!" she said as she started driving again.

"How can that not work? Every girl falls for my genuine smile" I said.

"Well sorry but I'm not the usual type. I don't fall for tricks like that"

"Really? Even if it's Nate Gray talking?"

"Yeah, as if you're going to be him. Dream on"

"No kidding" I said as I took off the sunglasses and hat I was wearing. Though, she never looked at me because she was driving.

"Yeah..and I'm dating Nick Jonas" she said.

"Really? He's a really nice guy. You must be lucky" I said.

"God! I was being sarcastic! Are you that serious? Can you not take sarcasm?!" she said as she turned to look at me. She suddenly stepped on the brake, shock showing on her face.

"So I see you finally believe me" I smirked.

"Could you pinch me or something?" she muttered.

Instead of pinching her, I just asked her the same question.

"Would you let me stay now?" I asked. I expected her to scream and say 'Of course!' but again, I stand corrected.

"Did you seriously think it would help if I knew you're Nate Gray?" she said. This girl continues to confuse me. She's...different.

Very. Different.

"Wait. But..hey! Come on! Please? Let me stay with you. Just for a short time? Please?" I said.

"No"

"Please?"

"I said no"

"Come on"

After fifteen minutes...

"Pretty pretty please?"

"You know, no matter how many "pretty's" you put on that sentence, it's still a no" she said.

"Pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty please?" I said, and I actually saw her smile.

And she's really pretty especially when she smiles.

I did not just think of that!

Get a hold of yourself dude!

"Do you actually have any plan stopping this?" she asked.

"You'll be surprised how determined I am. Please? Just let me stay with you for a while" I pleaded.

"Okay fine." she finally said, sighing in defeat. "Just promise me that you won't cause me trouble, got that?"

"Yes!" I cheered. "I promise. Cross my heart, hope to die" I said along with some hand gestures. She smiled again.

"You look like a retard" she mumbled.