Facebook: The Next Request

Facebook: The Next Request (Book 2 of The Facebook Trilogy) 

It was a stormy friend night; Rick was just coming home from his shift at the deli he owned on the corner of Fifth and Ave. When he turned the last strip of the block to his house, he saw it taped off with yellow police tape. He knew his wife was on a business trip in California, leaving his teenage daughter Jessica home alone. In a panic he ran towards his house, without stopping. Once he reached the tape he looked on at his house, terror and nausea filling from within him.

There were cops everywhere and he didn’t even know why. In a huff he ran up to the nearest officer and asked him “Why are you cops all around my house? What happened here?” Looking away from his notebook, the officer looked up at Rick. The first thing that Rick noticed was the man’s left eyes twitched ever so slightly, signalling that he was about to get bad news. The officer knew that Rick’s teenager daughter had been killed, but Rick himself did not know that yet.

After a long, agonizing moment of silence, the officer looked at Rick and reluctantly told him about the grisly scene that was just mere feet from him, in his family’s home. “I’m sorry sir but someone broke into your house and killed your teenager daughter. Her whole body was not inside, only her body. Her head was nowhere to be found. The scene was even too grisly from some of the veteran cops. We just took what was left of her body out of the house and started writing the report. We're just searching around and inside the house for fingerprints, or some other kind of evidence that will lead us in some insight of the killer and/or his motivation.”

Rick broke down crying, he had just lost his little girl and he was never going to get her back. Rick vowed for revenge. He was going to kill his daughter’s killer. He did not care how long it took or where it happened. But he swore to himself vengeance would be his...

One Year Later

It had been a long year for Rick; he was newly divorced from his wife and was now living alone in a dank and eerie apartment, downtown. He found out every grisly detail about what happened to his little girl. Everything from how she was talking to a stranger on Facebook, to what had happened to her best friend. It made him sick to his stomach, but he knew it would be all over soon enough.

Rick used to work for the police a few years back before he retired and he was planning on using his techniques and training for good use when he tracked the son of a bitch who did this down. The first part of Ricks plan was to make a fake Facebook account and wait for him to respond. His chose his username as Jessica after his deceased daughter. He thought if he used a familiar name it would attract the killer to him.

Rick set up all the details needed for the fake account and for good measure even added a picture of his daughter Jessica. As he put the picture up, a certain array of emotions flooded throughout him, he couldn’t hold it anymore, so as he uploaded the picture, he cried. He sat at the computer and cried about all the memories he had with his daughter and the rest that had been ripped away from him because of her death.

After a few minutes of tears, he looked over at the computer and the newly made account. He saw nothing new except a friend request. Quickly, he hovered over the icon and clicked it. He noticed it was a friend request from a boy named Even Berrick. Rick tried to think if he ever knew of an Evan in his life. Realizing he hadn’t he accepted the request hoping and praying to god it was the Served Head Hunter, his daughter’s killer?

After accepting it, a dinging noise erupted from the computer; looking at it he noticed it was the same kid that just added him, Evan. Peering closer at it, he read the message;

Hey, your profile picture is pretty cute. Reminds me of someone that I used to know!When Rick read the message he knew it was him. He quickly typed off a quick response. Oh really, who does it remind you of? ;)After a few more seconds, Evan replied, a girl that I killed a while back, you might know her, her name was Jessica...

Rick sat there stunned; this Evan person just admitted to killing his little angel Jessica. Before he could type a response to him, Evan went offline. Leaving his living room, Rick went into his kitchen and sat at the round table in the kitchen. On the table was a gun, a magnum that he was going to use just for this special occasion. Rick was going to wait all day if he had to.

When he went back to his computer he noticed Evan sent him another message. You really think that, that little revolver is going to do anything to me? You’re going to have to do better than that ;) Now Rick was both frightened and determined to kill the sick sadistic son of a bitch. Rick knew that the Severed Head-Hunter has been watching him, but he was ready now.

Waiting behind the door, Rick had his gun cocked and aimed; ready for anyone who stepped foot in his apartment. For a solid ten minutes he aimed his gun at the door, but no one came. Restless, Rick went to the fridge to get something to eat. As he was finding food, he heard a loud slamming noise coming from the living room behind him.

Gun in hand, Rick ran into the living room to find a masked figure standing there. Before even thinking about the situation at hand, he fired off three shots at the figure and watched as it slumped down lifelessly on his carpet. Walking over to the face down figure, Rick turned it over and realized that it was just a store mannequin. Standing up from his kneeling position, he turned around and Rick looked into the masked face of The Severed Head-Hunter. Before Rick could fire off his gun or say anything at all.

A jagged knife came from beneath the masked man’s sleeve and was lodged into Rick's stomach. Blood gushed out of his mouth and spouted out of his stomach. The man carved it into his stomach, ripping him open from the inside. Rick could utter only one word before he died of his fatal wound. Between the bloody gurgling, Rick muttered out “Jessica”, before falling to the ground dead.

The Severed Head-Hunter looked down at the lifeless body before reaching out and ripping the hunting knife out of Rick’s dead body.

***

The Severed Head Hunter sat in his comfy chair with a glass of champagne, admiring his latest work. Over the fireplace there was now a welcome addition to his ever growing collection. Right next to the bloody head of Jessica, he placed Rick's head. Finally Rick and Jessica had been reunited, just like Rick always wanted. He chuckled as he thought about what a joyful family reunion this was for their family.