Chapter 10

I was "preparing" for the big soccer game. I was already at the place, with dad and Lila, getting ready to go to the field.
I worked something out with the coach, so my friends could play in the game with me. I was nervous, and excited.
I walked to the field.

"Okay, team! You have all done great in the past few weeks, I believe that we can do this!" coach Davis said, boosting our confidence.

"With Jesus, we can do this!" I said.

We stacked our hands on top of each other's.

"Go Red Dragons!" we all said, throwing our hands up in the air.

-

We were in the middle of our game, dad and Lila were sitting in the audience.

I dribbled the ball, ready to kick it into the net...
Trying to get past the goalie, I took my chances and kicked the ball into the net.
Surprisingly, I made the winning goal!

My team had me up on their shoulders. I held the trophy in my hands. The audience cheered, making me smile.

The other team walked over to us.

"Wow, you did well," the "leader" of the team said.

"Thanks, you were all great, maybe next time!" I smiled, making everyone else smile.

I played against The Giants' team this year.

Everyone left me and my friends together.

"You were awesome, Ray!" Bridget smiled.

"Yeah! You rocked!" Georgie smiled, also.

"You did good, the best player on the team. You deserve that," Dianna said, talking about the trophy.

"Thanks, guys, but I want you all to have this," I offered giving the trophy to them.

"No, Rachel. You deserve this, we can't take it," Angela smiled at me.

"Thank you, all, for everything, and for watching me with a smile, and for sticking by my side." I said.

"Aw, bring it in guys!" Bridget said, and we hugged.

"Bye, Ray," they walked away.

"Bye..."

"Honey, you were amazing!" dad hugged me.

"Thanks dad!"

"You were number one!" Lila laughed, I hugged her.

"Thank you, Lila!"

-

We went home.

Caroline was waiting for me.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey, you left before I could congratulate you! Congratulations, Rachel!" she patted me on the back.

"Thanks, Caroline! This day has been awesome, and thanks for coming dad, glad you are well!" I said.

"Of course, sweetie," dad replied, with a smile on his face.

We all lived happily, with Jesus to hold on to. And to live for.

I thanked Jesus.

"Dear Jesus,
Thanks for all You do for me.
I am grateful, and I couldn't have done this without You!
You've been there for me when nobody else was, and I am grateful.
You helped me be the Christian who stood out from the others.
They weren't Christians, but You helped me reach out to them, and be a witness, and lead them to You.
You are God, my Lord, and my Savior, Jesus Christ!
And You have given me everything I have, and You supply all of my needs, thanks, Jesus.
I pray that You protect my family, and help us to have a good future, and guide us, and be with us through everything.
In Jesus' Name, I pray, Amen."

I was The Christian Athlete.