Chapter Three: The Plan In The Boxcar

The Boxcar was Cramped and it looked tremulous, felt tremulous. I gingerly placed my belongings onside me and tried to rest, I couldn’t. I could not lay down, I could not lay back, I could not do anything but sit. The train would pause now and then and I thought it was that we were getting off, but nothing. We sat for hours and then two days now on the train, to past time, I looked at a pivot gliding back and forth on a protractor attached  to the door. It helped me think somehow, the pivot, I would think about Misha, all the times we spent together and I imagined being in his company. I imagined being with him living in a serene city on a porch drinking out of our matching cups. I was also distracted by my thirst for water. Water. I needed water, I started digging through my bag. Paper, Coat, Silverware, and a Pencil, all I had in my bag was paper, my coat, silverware, and a pencil. No Water. I was putting loading my items back inot my bag when I was interrupted by a group of men. They stood up, they were probably around 40 years old and all very tall, One of them spoke,

 ”We all….We all know that if we continue and do not at least attempt this audacious plan, we’ll all be impelled to our death.”-“To make it easy for you guys to comprehend, we’re going to escape and everyone who doesn’t, we can kill you now to take you out of the misery you will go through later.” Almost everyone was despondent to his unseemly escape.

            “Well then, maybe we should just go off with all your heads”, He grabbed a young lady, she was probably 13 and had black, long hair. He wrapped his arm around her neck and started mumbling to himself, you could see the girl’s eyes turn from green to a fearful black.

            “Go! Do it. We’ll go with you. We all will. Go!” I yelled. I ran up and helped the girl out of his reach and returned her to her mother.

            “And what can you offer? Huh? Let’s see!” He replied, by now, everyone knew he was A sick man. He came up to me and turned my bag upside down and spilled everything out, my very few belongings fell out clashing against each other. He picked up my knife and fork and smiled.

            “A Knife!”, he covered his mouth, if an S.S. guard found you with a knife, they would Have taken it away immediately. He whispered once more, “A…knife…” He signaled his group over the front of the door focused on the pivot, he started by trying to jam the knife into the protractor but the crowding of people restrained my sight of what was going on. Many people now were starting to bust out of their gloomy phases and actually pay attention. Then I heard aloud shriek, The man jumped up and reveals an aperture in the lock. Almost everyone jumped at once, he then continued to pick and pick at it until, until…when everyone’s heart stopped. It opened. The door opened, first you could hear cheering and then automatically, everyone was jumping off the boxcar. One went, then two, then three! They were landing into bushes and open fields, families jumped together with hands linked and couples leaping. I slowly crawled myself to the opening and peered out, in the distance I could see a short building, I guessed it was a train station, this was the decision, I was thought whether or not to jump off. Before I knew it, a group of jumpers had pushed me off the cattle car while they were leaping. I crashed into and through a bush, I was swallowing dirt into my mouth and couldn’t see my the direction I was going in at all. When I had finally stopped, I picked myself up and felt dizzy and my mind was amiss. I felt the wind whistle through my ear, a brusque cold touch every time. I stared into the fields longer and longer until you saw the twilight, I watched the sun slowly set as I sent off to find a place to go.