Chapter two: Loaded Onto the Train

Now I am here at Stawki Station, trying to find my father and Misha, the man I love. As my mind reaches turbulent mode, I can only hear voices of the guards wrangling for people toget onto the trains.

            “Father!” I cried, I could only expect many turned heads because my father was not the only father out there. I pushed my way into and through crowds of people with my sack on my back and tried to avoid attention, of course I had failed.  A large muscular soldier had snatched me at my hips and tensed my body up on his. His prickly beard brushed across the back of my neck like needles penetrating my skin. I jerked and kicked, but in moments I had succumbed to him. He started to march to the cattle car. Terrified, I scanned the boxcar, looking at the barbed wire and lock on the door, I knew the place we were going to was not freedom. I was thrown in and packed in with others, I could barely alter my position, I made my way to the window to see what was going on. I happened to spot Misha at once, and started yelling his name, but the view of him started to decelerate and the train started moving, that was the last time I saw Misha Pidulsku.