Let's Get One Thing Straight: I'm Not {29}

***Pierce’s POV***

                I opened the front door and made quickly for the stairs. “PIERCE!” an angry voice shrieked, making me wince.

                I slowly made my way to the kitchen where she sat at the table. “Young man you get your sorry ass over here NOW!” mom shrieked. I walked over to her and she smacked me, snapping my head to the side.

                “You sorry brat. You got in trouble in school again!” she snapped. “I’m sorry mom! I was hungry!” I cried desperately. I had tried stealing a kid’s lunch and had been caught. They had called my house to tell my mom of my misbehavior.

                “Well guess what you worthless shit? That’s another day without food for you!” she snarled. My eyes widened. “Mom I haven’t eaten in 2 days!” I cried, feeling tears threatening to enter my eyes. I was so hungry.

                “Oh please. Don’t even try to tell me that Cash, Quincy, and Hottie don’t give you some of their food!” Well yea. Owen, Max, and Noah had shared some food with me. But not enough to stop me from being hungry!

                “You really want to disobey me Pierce?” she growled, standing up angrily. “No!” I cried, shrinking away from her as she lashed out at me. She hit me several times before whipping me to the ground.

                “Mommy please stop,” I whimpered, the tears finally entering my eyes. “You’ll never make anything out of yourself Pierce!” she shrieked. “You’re worthless and you always will be!”

                The front door opened and mom spit at me before going over and pouring herself another drink. Dad entered and his eyes widened. “Pierce! The fuck did you do to him?!” he screamed before running over and kneeling next to me. He picked me up and glared at mom. “You heartless bitch! He’s your god damn son! How can you do this to him?!”

                She ignored him and he carried me up to my room and sat on my bed with me. He held me as I silently sobbed. “Sh Pierce; it’s okay,” he promised gently, rocking me in his arms. “Daddy I’m h-hungry,” I whimpered. “I’ll get you food buddy. I’m going to divorce her Pierce and make sure she never lays another hand on you. I promise. She’s not hurting my little boy anymore. I love you so much Pierce. I’m going to protect you,” he promised and kissed my forehead.

                I let him hold me, never wanting him to let me go. I felt an anger taking form inside me. An anger that would grow to make me lash out at people when I got mad. An anger that in 9 years would make me beat the shit out of anyone that messed with me or my friends.

                But for the moment, I was a 7 year old boy who was hated by his own mother. Who felt so small and scared in the world. So alone. Falling into a pit where the only source of light was my dad. But I would get out of this pit, I silently promised myself. I would get away from my mom and never let her hurt me again. I would get away from the woman who had once said she loved me. Held me gently and kissed my forehead until she found something she loved more: booze. The woman who now terrified me to a point where no words could describe the feeling I got when I saw her. When I heard her being mentioned. When her hateful voice screamed my name.

                I sat on my bed, 16 years old now. You know, some people say you lose your innocence when you lose your virginity. I had lost my innocence long before I had lost my virginity. I had lost my innocence the day my mom had become addicted to booze.

                My dad was over talking to the Ryan’s, trying desperately to calm them down and convince them to let me stay with him. The Ryan’s hated me, not my dad. So why would they take me from him? My dad would be a wreck without me. It sounded stuck up, but it was deadass true.

                And my friends. What about Owen? What about Noah? What about…Max? I sighed and just hoped for the best.

                                                                                ***Max’s POV***

                “Noah!” I whined. He chuckled. “We’re almost there Maxi,” he promised. He had blindfolded me and brought me god only knows where to do god only knows what.

                “We’re here! You can take it off now Max,” Noah said and I could imagine him winking. I slowly pulled the blindfold off and froze. “Oh Noah,” I whispered.

                We were in his dining room. He had lit candles romantically and had food covered on the table. “Take a seat Max!” he said, a bit nervously. I sat down and he sat down across from me. He started uncovering the food and I couldn’t help but laugh at what he had prepared for our “romantic diner”.

                Banana bread, Tollhouse cookies, gnocchi, and a banana.

                “Uh, I didn’t have pasta to do that romantic slurp that shit til you kiss thing, so I made gnocchi instead! Oh and I had a banana left over from the banana bread.” I smiled at him as he nodded at the wine glass sitting in front of me. “A drink, good sir?” “Indeed!” I said.

                Noah pulled out a Code Red Mountain Dew and I laughed again as he poured it into my wine glass. “Only the finest for Mr. Quincy!” he said in a fancy voice.

                He poured himself some and we tapped the classes together before drinking. “Come on Max! Let’s have a Lady and the Tramp moment,” he said and cut a piece of banana bread. He stuck one end in his mouth and I stuck the other in my mouth. We ate it, looking into each other’s eyes as our heads drew closer.

                But the bread broke in the middle and fell to the plate, leaving us laughing and choking at our failed movie moment attempt.

                “We’re so smooth,” Noah said, laughing. “About as smooth as I am straight,” I said and we started laughing even more. “Max, if I were dirt, you’d be a Swiffer,” he said, looking at me seriously.

                “Hey! Why do I have to clean the floors? It’s because my hair is black, isn’t it?!” “Nuuuu! It’s because my hair is only half black!” he argued.

                We smiled at each other before leaning in and kissing each other deeply. I allowed Noah’s tongue into my mouth. It eagerly explored as we screwed the dinner and I crawled into his lap. He pulled me close and tangled his hands in my hair.

                Our tongues battled playfully. Noah’s hand slapped around until it managed to hit his iPod and Let Love Bleed Red by Sleeping With Sirens played out of his speakers. Noah’s hands slid down to my waist and then moved up, breaking away briefly to remove my shirt in the process.

                He wrapped his arms around me and his cold hands made me shiver in delight. I worked to get his shirt off as well. Noah ran his hands down my chest and another pleasured shiver ran through me.

                Ah shit. I could feel myself getting excited. I could feel Noah’s grin as we continued to make out. Somehow, we made our way to Noah’s room and collapsed on his bed. He eagerly tugged on my jeans and I let him pull them off. He helped me get his off as well.

                Now my boyfriend/best friend and I were making out on his bed in only boxers. “I love you so much Maxi,” Noah whispered before falling back on me. I kissed him passionately, willing him to know just how in love with him I was.

                Yes, we were only 16. Yes, we were only in high school. But…Noah was the one. I knew a lot of teenagers said that about the person they were dating, but with Noah, I knew for a fact it was true. I could just feel it in my heart. And so that night, I lost my virginity to Noah Hottie. The boy I wanted to be with for the rest of my life. The boy I knew I was in love with. The boy who with one kiss, could wipe away from terrified thoughts of Owen’s sickness and Pierce possibly being sent to his mom. Noah Hottie. The boy I would give my life for. The boy I had given my heart to.