Set up for Lockdown

Set up for Lockdown

With dusk only minutes away, I watched Aaron set the Exterior Nightvision Camera out on the lawn shooting the outside of the Mansion.

Grabbing a heavy black case of camera gear, I walked up the steps and stood near the door as Nick filmed Zak talking with Christine.

"All right, Christine. So you're gonna lock us inside the Mansion, then let us out at 6:30 am."

"Yep, I'll be here."

"Let's hit it." I lifted up the case and knuckle-pounded Christine.

Walking inside to the front desk, I set down the case and watched as Nick and Aaron stepped inside. As I heard the door lock, it hit me that this is the real deal.

"All right, guys. Let's set up our base in the Manager's office and assemble everything."
We followed Zak down the hallway and once we had all the gear ready to go, we just chilled around the desk. Zak sat in the desk chair, Aaron settled on a wooden chair nearby and Nick sat beside me on the bench.

"Okay, since we have a while before it's completely dark...Aura, why don't we try to get to know you more?" Zak asked.

"Sure, ask away." I replied.

"What inspired you to join us on this lockdown?" he asked.

"Well, I finally got my chance to meet you guys and I'm very happy about that.
You guys really helped me to understand the paranormal.
I've actually had ghostly experiences, like hearing footsteps while everyone was asleep."

Zak nodded, intrigued.

"It's freaky stuff." Aaron joked.

I chuckled with them, brushed a lock of my blonde hair away from my face.

"There is one other thing I wanted you guys to know that makes me different from the other fans you meet."

"What's that?" Zak asked.

"I was born 3 months early, weighing about less than 2 pounds. Big enough to fit in the palm of your hand." The guys shared expressions of surprise and amazement.

"Wow" Zak said.

"That's amazing." Nick smiled.

"Definitely something we don't hear everyday." Aaron replied.

"-or night, for that matter." I added.

"Yeah." All three of them cackled.

Pushing my oval glasses back over my light green eyes, I saw dusk getting darker and darker with each passing minute.

"I can't believe I'm actually gonna do this."

"The real lockdown is risky, I would advise that you stay with at least one of us. Also, if you ever need anything, just call us and we'll come to you." Zak told me.

"Not a problem." I replied.

"Now that it's dark outside, we should call out the Xs where to place our Static Nightvision Cameras."

Zak used a pen as a pointer to a paper map to indicate the location.

"First X: Emma's old room.
This is where several witnesses had paranormal accounts.
Addison heard footsteps, giggling and Donna saw toys being rearranged."

Pointed to the next,

"Next X: The hallway outside Emma's old room.
More accounts of voices and footsteps."

"Next X: The Basement
We got an EVP of a man telling us to 'Get out'. Maintenance workers also reported hearing scratching, voices and feel someone watching them."

"It's a creepy place." I added.

Zak chuckled and stood up, then a question suddenly came to my mind,

"Do we ever sleep during the lockdown?"

"No, actually we don't." he replied.

I nodded.

"But don't worry, we'll help you stay awake with us." he assured me.

"Aaron, let's gear up." He handed Zak a Nightvision Camera as he filled his black vest with small pieces of equipment.

Nick and I got a Camera and set to Nightvision.

"Okay, lights off. Let's start the lockdown."

Zak turned off everything and all we could see was the glowing LCD screens on our cameras.

Excitement and anticipation surged through me, I still couldn't believe I was actually joining an investigation with my favorite Ghost crew.