Chapter 2: Greeting

Yes, Sara Bareilles’ songs fill my head while walking to school. If others don’t care about me, music is my companion. I need not communicate to anyone. I just need my Ipod and earphones. Anyway, they don’t care about me since I’m weird. I’m better off this way. I cannot even remember their names. What’s the sense of communicating to someone you don’t even remember their name?

                        “Hey, Miki?”

Did someone just called me? She removed her earphones and looked back. “Good morning!” he greeted her.

What do I do now that he greeted me?

I looked at him blankly.

What was his name again?

His name should be common, Jimmy? No, but it sounded like its close to his name. Please, someone,  just make a way for me to escape this situation.

Rin laughed, “I believe you are not mute, good morning Miki,”

                        “G..good morning..”

I just greeted him right? I hope he don’t ask me why I didn’t greeted him with his name.

“That’s better, you need to talk every day, its been a week since I heard your voice, Oh well, I gotta go now,” he smiled and left running.

The last time I just talked to someone... was... a few seconds ago.

I put my earphones back and walked up to our classroom. Girls were looking over at a magazine. Same old scenario. I just have to sit on my chair and the routine of listening, writing notes and waiting for dismissal time shall start.  

Countdown. One. Two.

Someone was sitting on my chair. I stood before and looked at the girl who’s busy reading a magazine.

How do I make her notice me so that she’ll leave my seat?

I stood there, just waiting for her to notice me. Ironic, I know I’m unnoticeable but I’m waiting to be noticed.

                        “Oy, Shio,you better stand now, she will sit there,”

The girl looked up and noticed me. “Ah, yeah, sorry..I didn’t notice you,” she smiled and left her seat.

Yeah, as expected. Maybe I’m composed of gas particles, I can’t be noticed.

She sat down and opened her notes. The routine will start now.