She's A Keeper

Normani's POV:

I chilled on the coach, listening to nothing. Because nothing was going on and no one was in the house. Lauren was gone as well, and i leaned back, sighing. I drummed my fingers against the armrest, flashbacks of last night popping up in my head. Normani, you're letting her do whatever she wants girl, ya gotta be independent. I agreed with my inner thoughts, thinking about how fast this relationship was going and i furrowed my eyebrows. Camila's text was still causing me to question things. I really wanted to know what she was talking about. When I saw Lauren and Camila for the first time, it seemed like they would last a very long time, maybe even get married. You know, high school lovers. I had to admit, I was kind of jealous, but i didn't expect Lauren to even consider breaking up to go out with me; it's a little weird. 

I checked my phone to see about 35 notifications blow up my phone, all from the same person. Lauren.

Surprise apparent on my face, I noticed most of them were missed calls, with a few texts; which were just remarks about how i hadn't answered the calls. It was 6:20, and I had to get out real soon or the bus would leave without me. I didn't have time to answer her, because knowing Lauren; she'd want to FaceTime for hours even if she's doing a test. I didn't expect Lauren to be the clingy type, I expected her to be more cool and mysterious; not obsessive. 

As weird as that was, what happened next was way worse. 

The doorbell ringed, and my head whipped to the direction of the door. I hesitantly got up from the couch, and walked over to the door; trying to peer out of the window to see who it was. I couldn't tell who it was from this angle because of the black hoodie they were wearing; but I came to the conclusion they were one of my sister's friends. 

I opened the door slowly, but the stranger pushed their way through the door; grabbing both of my arms; and I started thrashing around, screaming. I was struggling in their grasp, which was exceptionally strong, too strong for me. They pushed me onto the ground and straddled me, pinning me from any movement. Flustered, and highly disturbed, I kneed them in the crotch. I expected them to start rolling around in pain, holding their balls and groaning; but they didnt. I heard a small gasp, which could be feminine; but theres no way. 

Adrenaline kicking in, I punched them on the nose this time as hard as I could. As they were clutching their nose and hissing in pain, I took the few seconds I had and turned on my phone, activating one of Lauren's notification to call her for help. She would come as soon as she could, I knew she would. 

With my hopes high, I heard the first ring. It sounded kind of off, as if it was an echo or something; like the sound was being repeated but I ignored it. Second ring, I looked at the stranger in panic, realizing they had a bloody nose. Third ring, the horror on my face almost topped the fact that the ringing noise was coming from the strangers pocket. I crawled over to the intruder, and took off their hoodie.

"Lauren?!" I yelled incredulously. 

AN: It's lit af.