She's Annoying

Normani's POV:
I came home to a dead silent house, listening to my own footsteps on the wooden floor. I checked the house to see my parents bedroom door locked since morning, and my sister Arielle knocked out cold on the couch in the living room.

We only have a one floor house it's pretty embarrassing, but that also means there's no privacy; especially since we have no sound proof walls.

Arielle always has a new sex partner, female or male it doesn't matter. I always hear the springs in her mattress screeching and the headphones usually block out of the moans. I, for one, only like boys. But I don't judge. Especially after seeing Dinah's friends together, they were hot.

We never have actual conversations, just awkward glances if we see each other in the morning before she leaves to go somewhere. It's like we have the house to ourselves. But neither of us can handle the constant silence so we fill it with other things. Arielle uses sex and I use Masi.

I do love Masi, but recently it's like he only wants to get in my pants. He knows I have been harassed in the past so I have a fear of that kind of intimacy, but he's been subtly avoiding me when I said no.

That's when I decided to call Masi, and see if he wants to come over. He picked up on the second ring, surprising me.

"Hello, is this Mani?" He asks in a weird voice, as if he trouble pronouncing words correctly.

"Masi, why have you been avoiding me lately? I just want to know." I say, trying not to sound obnoxious and needy.

I could hear something faintly in the background but then he spoke up, making it impossible to make out.

"Fuck, Ally." He groaned.

I covered my mouth to hide my gasp. He forgets things easily, he must of forgotten I was on the other side. I hung up the phone, my arm slouched.

I sat down on the small space Arielle left on the sofa and silently cried to myself. I needed someone to talk to. Masi was always there for me.

My mother used to always say I was a very strong independent person. But I have problems too, and people brush them aside like its nothing. I'm never the first choice for anyone.

Dinah was the only person I could think of at the moment.

She picked up right away, and I wiped away my tears before speaking.

"Dinah?" I asked, eyes downcast.

"Yeah Mani what's up, is something wrong?" She asked, concern in her voice.

"Yeah, I need someone to hold me right now." I mumbled, on the verge of breaking.

"Of course! But the other two are over my house right now. We were gonna have a sleepover if you want to join? Maybe you can invite Masi over as well." She gushed, completely overridden with joy.

Dinah was never sad. She was never good at comforting people, she just knew how to make people happy, not take away the sadness. So that when you're not with her anymore you are sad again. It's not her fault, no one is Good at everything.

"Oh." I said, clearly disappointed but that didn't seem to register in Dinah's head.

"Okay, cool. Come as soon as you can." She said, then she hung up.

I put my phone in my pocket, and looked over at my sister one last time. We look alike except in some of our facial features. Whenever I go drinking with her, people can't tell us apart when drunk. She has a thin blanket draped over herself, with one leg awkwardly hanging off the cushion. I smile at the sight and get up, going into my room to grab some things.

I just need a change of clothes and my silk pillow. I can't afford to ruin my hair. Then I simply walk out the door, knowing very well where Dinah's house is. It's not far away at all.

I watch kids chasing each other in the streets not afraid of cars running them over cause no one in this neighborhood can afford them. Including my family.

Dinah is in the middle class section of the city, on the border of both sides. Her house is a two story, with a decent back and frontyard. She also has an inground pool, and she usually hosts parties around it.

I walk up the stone pathway and I adjust the stuff tucked under my arm before knocking on the door. But it had already swing open and it wasn't Dinah that greeted me.

"Hi, gorgeous. I'm Lauren in case you didn't remember me, but there's no way I could forget someone like you." She said smoothly, her perfect white teeth showing in her flirtatious smile. Her eyes roamed my body, clearly disappointed I was still wearing the same things a few hours ago.

I rolled my eyes and brushed by her.
But she gripped my arm the same way she did when I rejected her number.

I sighed and turned around.
"Hello. How are you doing. Of course I couldn't forget you, Lauren Jauregui." I said, spitting out the last two words.

"Cool, the others are upstairs. Let's go." She said, completely ignoring my Death Stare and the fact that I obviously didn't want to interact with her.

Halfway up the stairs to Dinah's room, her hand slipped into mine, and it was warm. It felt weird, just like in the diner, when she stared me down.

"Let go of me, you have a girlfriend. What the hell Lauren!" I snarled, walking past her.

I reached the top of the staircase and saw Lauren stunned in the spot I left her.

"I'm not even into girls, stay in your lane." I added, turning around with a huff.

That oughta show her.