Keeping Secrets

Since I didn't hear from or see either one of the Corey's, I decided not to tell River about the strange encounter.

I hadn't been able to spend as much time with him, either. Mainly because his next movie required effortless discussion.

He would be playing a United States Marine; a rather edgy character for him.

So for the past few days, he was indulging in becoming a more rougher and tougher type of person. Like always, he threw himself head-first into the role.

This time was different.

-

I awoke to a loud bang in the kitchen.

As I approached the strange noise, I was revealed to a hyperactive River.

"Hey, go back in your room!" He yelled, waving a frying pan through the air. "And come out in 20 minutes!"

I raised my eyebrows at him and laughed, entering the kitchen.

He tried to hold me off but I refused; noticing the silverware messily laying around the counter.

"I was trying to surprise you," he started, setting down the pan. "But I can't make anything."

"Well, I am surprised." I joked.

He laughed and shook his head at himself, sitting down at the table.

"I need to go get a bunch of paperwork from Iris and let then cut my hair for the part today," he started, rushing his hands through his tangled hair. "I wanted to know if you'd want to come with me."

"Sure," I said. "But do I have to drive?"

"I guess I can." He jokingly complained.

-

Driving with River was always interesting. He would never stop talking or singing or making noise, and you would sit there soaking it all in.

"I told Iris that I thought the movie has a lot of potential and she agreed. I don't know if I think it'll be a big hit, but, it sure is cool." He vented, flipping through radio stations until we came across Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana.

Before he could change it, I yelled.

"Keep it here!" I insisted, swatting away his hand.

"Well gesh, all you had to do is ask." He said.

"I'm sorry," I laughed. "I just like this song."

As we arrived at Iris office, River stopped the car.

"Hold on." He said, shuffling through the glove compartment.

Quickly, he pulled out two pairs of similar sunglasses and handed me a pair.

"We're going incognito." He said, slipping the glasses onto his face.

I narrowed my eyes at him and examined him while he sent me a light smirk.

"Put them on!" He demanded.

I placed the glasses on and looked at him, laughing.

"This is so dumb," I joked. "It's obviously us."