I Love You To Death

The ride home was full of silence and short kisses.

I had noticed River's choice of kiss seemed to be the very simple, innocent peck; it was cute.

Not much was said, and I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to ask what was happening between us. For that reason, I stayed quiet.

-

We arrived at River and Flea's apartment a little before 1 in the morning. I could almost sense Piper's drunken presence stumbling across the 4th floor.

Once I had entered the apartment, Piper was revealed before my eyes.

She was playing cards with Flea on the living room floor; I assumed by the fast motion of their hands they were playing Speed. Good choice, I thought.

When they noticed us, their faces lit up.

"Come on, join in." Piper slurred, referring to the cards.

My high seemed to drop and I could tell River's was too. We shared a simultaneous look of discomfort before answering.

"That sounds grand and all, but I think we're going to bed." River answered.

I gave a slight approving look to him before Piper spoke up.

"We?" She wondered.

River's eyebrows furrowed as he answered, confused.

"Yeah, we," he said again. "Is that not allowed or something?" I noticed the slight laugh in his voice.

Flea laughed and shook his head, tossing the cards on the ground. I noticed as River and Flea sent each other a similar sinister look.

It stayed quiet for a few seconds until I decided to break it.

"Well, I'm going to bed." I said simply, and headed off down the hallway. I could hear River's soft footsteps trailing behind me.

I stopped and turned to him, allowing him to lead the way. We ended up in his room, as suspected.

He flung himself like a child onto his bed and sat up, kicking off his shoes.

"Did you have a good night?" He asked, patting the spot next to him.

I plopped myself on his bed and thought back to each event that occurred tonight; one in particular standing out more than the rest. I bet you could chose which one that would be.

"It was interesting," I started. "I mean, once you threw that curve ball at me it deffinetly got interesting."

He let out a slight laughed and looked at me, pushing the hair out of his face.

"Sorry." He said, a smirk seeping from his lips.

I shook my head and looked down, laughing slightly.

"Don't apologize. I'm glad you told me." I said.

He sent me a light smile and laid back. I watched as he adjusted himself comfortably, causing his hair to fall into his face.

Irritability plastered on his face as he removed his hair for what seemed like the 20th time tonight.

"This fucking hair," he started, "sometimes, I just want to get rid of it."

I laughed and looked at him, trying to picture him with any sort of hair style.

"Why don't you?" I asked, though I would hate if he did.

He scratched his head and looked to me before answering.

"I need it for a role." He told me, hints of annoyance in his voice.

"Oh," was all I could find it in myself to say. I didn't know he already had his next movie planned out. I wonder why he didn't tell me.

"What is it?" I asked.

He groaned and turned to his stomach, smashing his face against the pillow.

"I Love You To Death," he mumbled out, his voice sounded lifeless against the pillow.

Great, I thought to myself. If River already has his next movie planned out, he'll probably have to leave again soon.

He just got back!

A small pit of sadness and rage mixed inside of me.

"When do you start filming?" I asked.

"Don't think about it," was the last thing he managed to say before his quiet snores filled the room.

-

Short chapter but wanted to update. Your comments make me so so happy and I enjoy them so much :.)