[11] boardwalks and sweet endings

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEKEND?" Mateo asks Tori over the phone as she opens the door to her apartment, groceries bags in her hands as she pushes the door open with her hip, balancing the phone between her shoulder.

Sometimes it sucks being an adult.

"Um, well I have the night shift at Skateland on Saturday then I'm off on Sunday. Demi already has let me meet the crew and stuff so nothing much, why?" She tells him, closing the door behind her and locking it. She moves to the kitchen and sets her bags down on the counter, letting out a small sigh of relief of having to carry so many bags by herself from downstairs to up here.

"Okay awesome, so tomorrow I'm thinking we can go to the boardwalk to roller skate and after that we can hit the beach, how about that?" Mateo tells her and Tori smiles widely as she holds the phone against her ear.

"Sounds good, but I'll probably fall on my butt while roller skating," She says, grinning as Mateo laughs.

"You'll be fine, you're actually getting the hang of it so soon enough you won't need me to hold you." Mateo says and she smiles to herself, throwing her car keys on the counter before sitting down on the chair.

"I hope so, so how's college doing?" She asks and they talk for a while, Tori puts away her groceries and walks into her room, deciding that she would get some sleep soon since she's been tired all day and almost fell asleep in one of her classes today. She tells Mateo goodnight and they hang up, throwing her phone her bed, she grabs some clean clothes and walking to her bathroom. After taking a nice long bath with candles and soothing music to relax, she leaves the bathroom and changed into some fresh clothes before crawling into her bed.

She falls asleep after a while.

.        .       .

"I have a present for you."

Tori raises an eyebrow at the grinning fool od her boyfriend as they walk to his car together, which was fixed a few days ago and now Tori doesn't have to drive him around anymore. She liked having him in the car with her, it was fun having him there with her, dramatically singing along to the songs on the radio to just annoy her or cracking jokes to make her laugh.

"Oh God, what is it now?" Tori asks, groaning playfully and he laughs as they stop by his car.

"You'll love it!" Mateo says, before popping open the trunk. He reaches inside and grabs a box that was wrapped in wrapping paper with a red bow on top. He gives it to Tori and she looks at it before at him. "Open it." He says excitedly and Tori smiles before ripping apart the wrapping paper. The ripped pieces of wrapping paper fall beside her Vans and she opens the box before smiling widely.

They were roller skates.

Pink roller skates with pink laces, they were vintage and it made Tori smile even more.

"Oh my gosh Mateo, thank you! I love them!" Tori squeals before kissing him on the lips to show her gratitude and he kisses her back, she feels him smile as they kiss. She leans back and they get inside his car, Mateo starts to drive after they strap themselves in.

"Wow, you even got my right size," Tori says, amused as she looks over at him and he winks at her.

"I know you, babe. How could I get the wrong size?" Mateo smiles at her and she grins.

"You're amazing." She tells him and leans over, kissing his cheek. His smile only widens. Tori reaches forward and turns on the radio, humming along to the songs that played on the radio as she looks to her window. It was a bright sunny day in California, not a cloud in the sky, warm weather, it was the perfect day to go out to the beach or roller skate at the boardwalk. Tori couldn't wait, she's excited that she's going to spend this day with one of her favorite people on Earth and that she's also getting the hang of roller skating. The practice at Skateland has been paying off and she hadn't fallen on her butt yet, but she's still struggling with keeping her balance, this helps when she's holding onto Mateo's hand or leaning against the wall.