Chapter 3.1

I woke up in a room similar to the first one I was in. But there were no illusions this time. The window was clear, three people were watching me intently. One sat at the bank of computers, he looked a little scared. I saw him turn to the man in the room and say something.  He nodded and walked over to a microphone on the desk. There was a static pop as he flicked a switch.

"Hello, Sergeant Jameson. I apologize for how my friends in the past treated you. It was unapproved."

My mouth felt like it was full of cotton. "I find that the unapproved actions of a group of people bring their true intentions to light much more than their approved ones."

The man seemed to consider this for a moment and then nodded. "I will give you that one. Allow me to introduce myself. I am--"

"Raphael Levitt, head of the loyalists army." I finished his sentence. "My training brigade worked with you multiple times." I explained before he could ask.

He nodded slowly again. "Then you know I am a kind man. I do not condone the torture my second in command put you through. It was not right. I have been informed that you have been marked as a Feral."

I nodded. "I have been. By your men, no less."

"I was informed that a dead head hacker was captured a while back. I did not realize that was you."

"What am I doing here?"

Raphael pursed his lips. "You found us, after killing a dead head. I should hand you back to the government but you see, I'm searching for two more resistance members. The ones you were last seen with. Where are they?"

I shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine. We were separated in the ambush."

"Where would they go?"

"Well, I assume if they didn't stick around to try to find me. They're on their way to the front lines."

"Why would they be doing that?"

"Only way out is across the line."

"Why are you telling me all of this?"

"Because it's nothing new. You know what we're doing, it's obvious. Why are you asking me questions you know the answer to? Turn me over to the authorities or kill me yourself. Because if you leave me here, I will find a way out. I have proven that."

"Yes, I will admit, no one has ever questioned the glass before. Or been able to resist the drugs."

"I believe my bionics probably have something to do with that."

"Probably. Here are your options, help me get some of my men back from the resistance, or I will turn you over to the authorities."

"Then turn me over to the authorities."