Chapter 4: The Truth

*Alfredo's POV*

Just then I heard someone gasp, I turned around and saw someone that wasn't supposed to see all this, shit.

'What the hell are you doing?!' Tahlia screamed at the top of her lungs, with her voice filled with fear.

I just stood there with my hands still tightly around Justin's collar, not knowing what to do or say.

'Answer me!' Tahlia cried out with her eyes filled with tears and her hands on her hips, begging for an answer.

Just as my grip loosened around Justin's collar he found a way out of my griıp and punched me hard right on my cheeck bone. I instantly fell to the cold, stone hard ground with cheeck feeling so num.

*Tahlia's POV*

My eyes went wide open when I saw Alfredo fall to the ground with great force, next thing I know is that he passed out. I let out a huge gasp and my legs started to tremble with fear. I just stood there with my hands covering my mouth, I looked up at Justin and he was staring at me with an expressionless face.

'This never happened, okay?' Justin told me with venom dripping down each word he said.

'okay' I managed to let out a soft squeak.

'If you do tell someone about this and I find out, your funeral will be held, Got it?' He told me making every word clear.

'Got it' I answered back more confidentaly this time, trying to show him that I'm not scared. It's best that he knows that I'm not scared otherwise he'll know that I'm weak and that's never a good thing.

After that, Justin gave me a small gloomy smile then ran off like nothing happened. I looked back and saw Alfredo still laying on the ground  so I decided to go and help him.

'Alfredo.......Alfredo? Alfredo wake up' I whispered to him with one hand on his head and the other tapping his shoulder, hoping that he'll wake up.

'Tahlia?' He let out with a howl of pain.

'Yes, I'm here. I'm gonna help you get up now'

I held onto Alfredo so tightly that he doesn't slip out of my hands and collide with the ground again.

'When I say 3 force yourself up' I instructed him as clearly as possible.

'1....2....3!' I pulled Alfredo up as he lost his balance for a second but I managed to hawl him up.

'thanks' he said with his eyes shut tightly taking in the pain.

'No problem, let's get you cleaned up and fix your eyebrow, it's cut open' I told him keenly.

'No can do, I have to go but thank you for helping me' he said quickly as possible then ran away before I could say anything else. I thought about going after him but it wouldn't be a good idea. But the thing is, how do they know each other? it's all so confusing. The way how Justin looked at Alredo was really different. It's like he didn't want to hurt Alfredo but he had to.

'Briiiiiing' My thoughts got interrupted as the bell rang for the last class.

'Where were you all lunch I looked for you everywhere' Tina whispered to me in History, with worry in her voice.

'I was under a tree listening to music' I managed to come up with a lie.

'Or were you with Justin getting told off again?' She asked me with an eyebrow raised.

'NO!' I yelled out, bad mistake because just then Mr. Harvey stopped the lesson and looked at me with his piercing eyes.

'Miss Menei, what do you think you're doing? ' He asked me with anger in his voice. I didn't answer him so he got angrier then he already was.

'I asked you a question, are you going to answer it? Or would you like to tell the whole class why you yelled out "no"?'

'Aaaa I-I-I said no because... what you were teaching was incorrect but then I went back and figured that it is correct, I'm very sorry for interrupting your class sir' Yes! that's a perfect excuse. I'm getting used to telling lies now and I feel really quilty. thanks Justin.

'Well your apology is accepted. Next time you won't get away that easy'  I hate how teachers think that they have all control over us like I'm so scared of a detention. pfft.

After the bell rang for the end of the day I went to my locker to get my bag and homework for the night, just as I got my bag out, my locker shut closed with great force.

'What the hell Tina?! You scared the shit out of me!' I cried out.

'So you think that I believe that you weren't with Justin at lunch? Guess again babe because I'm Asain and all Asians are smart, right?' I never knew Tina had this side to her, I mean she was all quiet but right now she's left me speachless

'so....?' Tina said in a low voice.

'I'll tell you on the way home, okay? ' I couldn't risk telling her here because if Justin hears he'll kill me for sure.

'Can you please tell me now Tahlia? ' Tina whined.

'Not until we get home, Justin might be stalking us'.

'You're so stupid I hope you know that' Tina told me bluntly.

'We're already here' I told her to shut her up.

'Wow this is your house?' Tina stared in amazement

'I don't even live in the damn house, they put me in the basement but I don't mind it keeps me away from those witches'  I said sort of said annoyed.

I opened the door and Tinas jaw dropped, like she's paralyzed with what she's seeing. I must admit, Regina does have an amazing house but I've seen better.

'Don't touch anything, just follow me' I instructed Tina.

We went down a flight of stairs to the basement aka my my room.

'Holy shit Tahlia this is like my dream room and you complain about?!' Tina squealed as her eyes grew big.

'Yeah it's alright I guess' it wasn't the best room, it didn't have any Windows or anything so that sucks.

'Tell me what happened at lunch now' She ordered getting all series.

'So Alfredo ran off so I followed him, but I got stopped by the teacher who told me off because I didn't pay attention in class blah blah blah, so then I found them at the back of the school with Alfredo pulling Justin's collar up on a wall. When he saw me his fists became loose on Justin's collar and that's when Justin punched Alfredo with so much force that he fell to the ground unconscious. Justin then told me not to tell anyone or he'll kill me or something. Then he ran off, I went over and helped Alfredo up but then he said he thank you and ran off as well before I could say anything' By the time I finished Tina had fallen into deep thoughts.

'Yooo Tina you still with me?' I said jokingly poking her.

'Why were they fighting?' She asked still focused her eyes on the corner of my purple room.

'I don't know' I told her.

'Okay thanks Tahlia I better get going, cya' she was acting weird all of a sudden.

'Bye I guess...'

I thought I'd do my maths homework so I went over to my bag and found a note.

"I'll be watching you ;)

     - J. "

Justin. How on earth did he manage to put the note in my bag?! He must know my locker combination! I'm shit scared right now. That's when the door started to open, the door that led outside not the house. Regina or Lina doesn't use that door so who could it be?!

I can't believe who it is, my heart is racing so fast.

'Well, we meet again Menei'