Chapter 6

I tossed and turned all night. I kept dreaming that James was standing in front of me and I tried to talk to him but he just stared at me with a dead look in his eyes. Then he opened his mouth and bugs flew out of it.

Then his body just fell like a pile of rags but there was no bones or anything inside just skin. I screamed and woke up with a jolt.

 I sat up in my bed and breathed deeply. My mind was fuzzy but when it got clear I realized that I told James I hated him. I can’t believe I did that.

Tears rolled down my cheeks I really thought I could have a chance with him. But I am just so stupid to even think that. My phone started ringing.

“Hello” I sobbed. “Hey krystal I heard about last night after our conversation. I wanted to see if you were okay” The voice on the other line said, it was Kendall.  “I don’t know how I am. I am still in shock I thought he actually liked me but I’m just so stupid” I cried.

 “You are not stupid. He is crazy about you after you hung up on him he called me and told me how crappy he feels. He thought that you were out of his league and that once you found a new guy like Logan that you would leave him in a heartbeat. While you two were together he kept bragging about how amazing you are and how lucky he is for you to like him. It was the first time ever he actually talked about something other than himself.” He said soothingly. I sobbed even harder

 “but the problem is he is way out of my league. In every single town I have moved to I have been the quiet, shy, Harry Potter, bookworm that everyone made fun of. So finding out that he likes me is the highlight of my existence. But of course I’m just another number in his little black book. I guess it is good I didn’t get totally emotionally attached.” I sniffled

 “Well I will talk to him to calm him down because he is kind of steamed saying that you over reacted. I will also talk to Logan to try and get him to back off. So I will call them right now and then I will call you back to explain everything that is going down.” He said. “Okay thank you” I said “No problem all in a day’s work” he said and hung up.

 I got up and started pacing my room anxious to hear what is happening. About an hour later my phone rang.

 I did a ninja jump onto my bed and answered it quickly. “Hello?” I answered slightly out of breathe. “Hey I just wanted to let you know that James said that he doesn’t know what to do right now but he said that you guys shouldn’t hang out for a while just in case anything happens. Also Logan said he won’t do anything to make matters worse for either of you.” He said.

I sighed, I was afraid something like this would happen and for some reason I was angry with James for suggesting that we don’t see each other. “Hey Kendall do you have any friends that are single and would be my fake boyfriend for a while to see James’s reaction.” I asked. “I think so but why would you do that to him?” he asked curiously

 “I just want to see what he does look at it like a social science experiment” I said. “Well let me see I will get back to you in a bit” he said and we hung up. A few minutes later my phone rang again I answered it. “Hello”.

 “Hey I got one friend he said he will call you tomorrow to work everything out I gave him your information so you don’t have to worry about that. His name is Aiden. I have to go to practice. If I don’t talk to you before you talk to Aiden good luck.” He said “thanks for everything” I said.

 “No problem” he said and he hung up. I put my phone in my lap and smiled. Everything was going smoothly.

 I just hope Aiden will do his part of the bargain.