i didn't want it...till now ( neko-love )

At the Asami residence in Japan was Asami Ryuuichi losing a battle to his mother. The 'great' Asami Asago.

Asami sat on the couch in his living room, staring down the older woman before him. Her golden eyes narrowed in a way similar to his own as her voice turned icy and demanding.

"It will be good for you. Keep it."

"Mother, I have no intention of keeping this thing...this...kitten."

"Ryuuichi. I will not say this again. You WILL keep it, even if I have to come over every single day to make sure that it is still here."

Asami let out a defeated sigh. This woman was the only person in the world who could demand something of the yakuza and live to tell the tale about it but this was getting out of hand. Asami did not like pets. Well, at least not the animal kind. Human pets were a different story. Too bad no one had peaked his interest lately...

"Fine, Mother, I will keep the cat. However, if it continues to hiss at me like it is now," Asami turned his gaze to the tiny feline on the floor glaring daggers at him, "it will be gone in two weeks. I will not have some creature interrupting the peacefulness of my home."

Asami's mother smirked wickedly as he turned back to her, "Darling, mother always knows best." The older woman then left quickly, chuckling, and leaving Asami to wonder about that mischievous look in her eyes.

Asami turned his attention back down to where the kitten had been only to find it gone. Not a second later a crash was heard from the kitchen.

"And it begins.." he sighed. Standing, he walked to the other room and chuckled softly at the sight before him. On the ground was one of his pots, dragging across the tile. Asami reached down to lift the pot and found the new kitten underneath. He then grabbed the kitten before it could get away and replaced the pot on the counter.

Looking the now struggling kitten straight in the eyes he questioned, "Now, what should I call you? Hm?"

The tiny animal hissed furiously at its new master, unamused by the situation. Its shiny, spotted fur glistened in the light as it thrashed, still attempting to escape. Asami became all the more amused at its plight.

"Mother did say you were a wild little thing didn't she? Part bengal or something like that was it?"

The kitten switched tactics and began clawing mercilessly at Asami's arm as if to prove its predatory nature.

"Stop that now," Asami commanded, "..Akihito."

The kitten paused its struggles in recognition..he had been..named.

Asami smirked. "Akihito it is then. Now, stay out of the kitchen and stop causing troubles or you'll find yourself back with my mother sooner than expected. I don't keep pets, I never have, and you will consider yourself privileged as being the first and hopefully only."

The kitten meowed in acknowledgement and the yakuza put him on the floor. The kitten scurried to another room leaving the yakuza to chuckle in the kitchen. Asami walked to the home office to do some work.

Later that day ....

The yakuza was getting ready to leave when he heard a pitiful meow. Asami smirked as Akihito came forward and began winding his tiny body around Asami's legs.

"Do you want to come with? " He bent down and picked up the kitten who immediately latched onto the older man's chest and purred softly. Asami chuckled quietly before grabbing his briefcase and heading out the door to the car.

The ride to the office was short and uneventful. Asami talked on his phone while watching Akihito leap from seat to seat and bat anything that dared to dangle. Once they arrived, Asami picked up the kitten again and began walking. Inside, Akihito stared wide-eyed at the flocks of customers dying to get his master's attention. Some of them even tried petting him to get the older man's approval but Akihito quickly shot down that hope with a swat of his claws and a loud hiss. Asami approved.