Hey Mr.

A/N: Look, I know there was a massive typo in the Closer to the Edge chorus. Don't hate me!

On with the story!

----

I opened my eyes to bright lights. I thought I'd have a little fun.

"Oh my god Jaz. Are you okay?" Shannon asked. Time for mind games.

"Hey Mr. You are lookin' fine today! I mean I don't really know you but a compliment is a compliment!" I said, slightly slurring my words. Their faces were priceless. Shannon, Tomo, Jared and a pretty auburn haired girl were gathered around me.

"Y-you mean you d-don't know who we a-are?" Shannon asked me again. He looked heart broken, so did Jared and Tomo. I shook my head.

"I'm just messing with ya! I couldn't forget you guys!" I shouted. The guys crushed me with a hug. I hugged them back, inhaling their mixed scents.

"You scared us, you twat," Jared murmured affectionately in my ear. Eventually they released me, after each giving me a kiss on the forehead, or in Shannon's case, my nose. I wasn't complaining. I should knock my self out more often.

I looked up to see the auburn haired girl looking very jealous. Who the hell was she to stake claim on my boys? I could feel myself getting angry. She couldn't just barge in on our lives!

"Who are you?" I asked a bit too rudely. Shannon put a hand on my arm. She looked a bit too intimidated to speak.

"This is Jamie. I was telling you about her earlier," Jared spoke for her. Oh. If Jared liked her, then I could live with her.

"Hi! Sorry, but I was the one who made you fall. You ran into me," she said calmly and tentatively, as if I might suddenly explode. Could happen.

"Oh, don't worry! It's happened before," I replied, much nicer than I had before. "How did you get back here?"

"I had a backstage pass," she said, then turned to Jared. "That's why I didn't properly say bye. I knew I would see you later." Duh, extra points for detective skills, Jaz. Jamie seemed like a nice person, she was gorgeous (lucky) and she seemed to care about Jared, even though she hasn't known him for long. I almost felt like the over protective dad, but in actual fact I was the over protective best friend of the brother. Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

It was then I realised that I wasn't the only one that cared deeply about my friends. I had only been out for a couple of hours, but they looked after me. I realised I could relax. I realised that I wasn't always the one that would take one for the team. I realised I wasn't alone.

Wow Jaz. Deep shit right there. That little epiphany of mine wouldn't have solved my protective aggression. But wahey! I had pills, and I had Shannon. I was going to be fine.

I sat up, it felt like I had a hangover. I had my final in two days. I hoped I would be alright to run. My thoughts were interrupted by Shannon's hand waving in front of my face.

"Earth to Jaz. Are you okay to come back home?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. "I'm fine, I was only out for, what? Half an hour?" I asked.

"Eerrr, make that four hours," it was Jared that spoke this time. I face palmed.

"Great, my biological clock is messed up now," I complained. Everyone just snorted. Gee, nice to know how seriously my suffering is taken. I stood up from the sofa and tried to smooth my greatly crinkled dress, at least so I looked half decent. Shannon put his warm, muscly arm around my waist to support me; y'know just in case. About a billion fangirls would kill to be in my position, I thought smugly.

"Will you be good to run?" Tomo asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah yeah, but I will check with Ken tomorrow. The physio knows best!" I said, making everyone cringe. A look of realisation crossed Jamie's face.

"Oh my gosh! It's a small world! You're Jaz Franklin," she said. I nodded. "I'm not usually seen presentable or like I'm not about to start a race." She laughed at that and we carried on to the car.

"But you always look good." I looked around. Who had said that? Or was it just my head inflating my ego? Jared and Jamie were in deep conversation and Tomo was forging ahead, car keys in hand. Shannon had a look of concentration on his face. I was still suspicious. It was either him or my conscience who said it; they both liked to pick on me.

We got to the car and I saw Jared peck Jamie on the cheek before she walked away. That was cute. We got into the car, Jared and Tomo in the front and Shannon got in with me, in the back. It was a quiet drive home, but I could still sense the buzz from the gig. I could feel myself drifting off to sleep, but before I slipped into la la land, I heard Shannon whisper in my ear. "Was I really 'lookin' fine'?" He said quoting me from earlier. I wasn't gonna lie. I just about had enough energy to reply.

"Yes you were Mr."

----

A/N: Jaz meets Jamie. Shannon and Jaz are getting closer (if that's even possible). I know this was short but I was tired. It was pretty crap too. Quality will improve, I just need to remember to go to bed! :|

Thank you everybody who has voted and commented! You guys are awesome, you're keeping me motivated! Cheers bubz!

Comment, vote, follow! You know to want to, potatoes! Y'all are gorgeous!

Roz xx