Semi-Finals

I had made it. Through the 100m heats that is. I was ready for the semi-finals.

I sat in the room where everything happened, which was what I called it. All athletes were allowed visitors, three guesses for who mine were. Jared, Tomo and Shannon sat themselves down beside me, I looked up to acknowledge them. I was too nervous to say anything. Suddenly I was trapped in the arms of the guys. Of course they would choose to hug me at the same time.

"You'll do amazing, I feel it in my gut," Shannon said, grinning. I poked his abs.

"I guess I will. That's a lot of gut for you to feel it in," I replied.

"Huh? Oohh," he realised. "You cheeky cherry, you!" I just smirked and poked him again. We dissolved into silence. I looked around nervously at the other athletes that I would be running against. Some were really huge and muscly and others were slighter, like me.

"Athletes running in group one of the 100m semi-finals, please proceed to the tunnel," the guy on the tanoy said. I stood up and looked worriedly at the guys. Jared gave me another hug.

"You'll get through Munchbunch," he whispered in my ear. He stepped back and then Tomo attacked me with a hug. His long fringe tickled my nose and I giggled.

"Just run like you do when we have tickle wars!" Was his advice. I smiled and ruffled his hair. I couldn't speak from nerves. Jared and Tomo left after Jared gave Shannon and I the ' I'll give you guys a minute' look. Shannon pulled me close and I inhaled his musky scent as I put my head against his chest. We stayed like this for a second or two before he put his fingers under my chin and tilted my head up. We looked into each others eyes, and I saw something in his hazels ones that I didn't recognise. He leaned in and I could feel his warm, minty breath on my lips when he said, "good luck."

And he kissed me.

We pulled apart and he walked away, but he turned and waved before I entered the tunnel. I was beyond confused, because somehow his kiss gave me fuel for the race.

A/N: short I know. But if you kill me, there won't be anymore updates. I'll just let that sink in...

Comment and vote!! Plz! The magic vote button makes you gorgeous, little potatoes! I'd press it if I were you.

Thx!! Roz xx