Chapter 13- Execution?

CHAPTER 13

Execution?

No one in Gryffindor slept that night. We all knew the castle was being searched again, so we all stayed awake in the Common Room, waiting to hear weather he had been caught. Professor McGonagall came back at dawn, to tell us he had again escaped, and I couldn’t help but feel slightly relieved.

Next day, it was obvious the security was tighter; Professor Flitwick could be seen teaching the front doors to recognize pictures of Sirius Black; Filch was suddenly bursting up and down the corridors, boarding up everything from tiny cracks in the walls to mouse holes. Poor Sir Cadogan had been fired. His portrait had been taken back to its lonely landing on the seventh floor, and the Fat Lady was back. But she had demanded that she gas given extra protection. A bunch of surly security trolls had been hired to guard her. They paced the corridor in a menacing group, talking in grunts and doing stupid things with their clubs.

Ron had become an instant celebrity. People were even paying more attention to him than to Harry, and he was enjoying it.

“…I was asleep, and I heard this ripping noise, and I thought it was in my dream, you know? But then there was this draft… I woke up and one side of the hangings of my bed had been pulled down…I rolled over… and I saw him standing over me… like a skeleton, with loads of filthy hair… holding this great long knife, must’ve been twelve inches… and he looked at me, and I looked at him, and then I yelled and he scampered.” Ron was telling a group of second year girls. I rolled my eyes as I went away. I was tired of that story that changed every time he told it.

Poor Neville was in total disgrace. Professor McGonagall was so furious she had banned him from all the future Hogsmeade visits, given him a detention, and forbidden anyone to give him the password to the tower.

We were sitting in the Great Hall when Neville received a Howler.

“Run for it, Neville.” Ron advised.

Neville seized the envelope, and holding it before him like a bomb, sprinted out of the hall, while the Slytherins exploded with laughter at the sight of him. Soon Neville’s grandmother’s voice boomed in the Great Hall, lecturing Neville.

“Ouch! Oh - thanks, Hedwig.” Harry said, making me turn to him.

He had got a letter. He tore open the envelope and I read the note with him. The note said:

Dear Harry and Ron,

How about having tea with me this afternoon ‘round six? I’ll come collect you from the castle. WAIT FOR ME IN THE ENTRANCE HALL; YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED OUT ON YOUR OWN.

Cheers,

Hagrid

“He probably wants to hear all about Black!” said Ron, making me roll my eyes.

At six o’clock Harry and Ron left the Gryffindor tower.

“Were are they going?” said Fred from beside me in the couch.

“To Hagrid’s” I replied shrugging.

“Oh…” said George absentmindedly.

“What’re you thinking of?” I asked him curious.

“Oh, just thinking about… er… Quidditch.” He said blushing. I laughed a little.

“Sure thing.” I replied smiling.