Chapter 4- Malfoy Ruining Everything

**EDIT: again, made Ashley's personality match the chapters and more consistant. I thik that's all the editing I'll do for tonight, I'll continue tomorrow! gnight -29/02/16

CHAPTER 4

Draco Ruining Everything... Typical 'Malfoy'

I woke early next day, and took a shower. Once I finished I got on my uniform and dried my hair with a simple spell I had learnt during summer making it straight instead of my usual curls. I put on some red converse and headed for breakfast. When I reached the Common Room I met eyes with Ron.

"Hey Ashley, did you see Hermione on your room?" Ron asked.

"Hermione?" I asked, not knowing whom he was referring to.

"Yes?" said someone standing behind me. I turned around to find the girl that had been with Harry and Ron yesterday.

"Oh, no – er – Ron here was looking for you." I said smiling while I signaled Ron.

"Oh, well anyways I'm Hermione," she said offering me her hand. I shook it smiling.

"Ashley," I said as she smiled back.

"I know who you are silly, Harry told us yesterday. So why did you go away like that...you know what, it doesn't matter, do you want to join us for breakfast?" she asked in a friendly way.

"Sure, that'd be great," I said, thankful to know more people from third year.

"Well let's just wait for Harry then," she said looking towards the boy's dorms. And just as if he had been called Harry appeared on the stairs.

"Harry, Ashley is going to join us for breakfast," Hermione said excited. Harry looked towards me and smiled, then came and gave me a hug which I returned after I got over my surprise.

"Ash! I can't believe you're really here," he said hugging me tighter.

"I did not expect you to find you here either," I admitted laughing. We broke the hug and started walking towards the Great Hall. "Sorry about yesterday, I was so nervous for my first day and I don't know why seeing you there made me go into shock."

"It's fine really," Harry said laughing. "I went into shock too."

"We just didn't know what was happening," Hermione laughed.

"So, I couldn't help but to overhear yesterday," Harry started as soon as we were out of the Common Room. "You ran away?"

"I did," I admitted. "Maybe not the smartest move, but I never once regretted it. My aunt was really going crazy with all the random magic happening around me. I wanted to fit in, and I couldn't in that house. At least alone there was no one there to judge me, you see?"

"I honestly didn't expect it," He said truthfully. "I tried finding you, a few times actually, but your aunt apparently moved away also."

"Not surprised she did... but that's not a happy conversation to have. What I want to know is how you've been," I said. "How has Hogwarts treated you?"

"Well, in the Wizarding World I'm famous," he said smiling.

"Of course," I realized. "Harry Potter, famous wizard who defeated Voldemort! How didn't I ever make the connection?"

"I don't blame you," he said laughing. "You knew me since we were kids. You wouldn't expect your 10 year old best friend to have done something like that."