Chapter 2 ~Bonfire~

After my tour, we had a big bonfire. They said it is a celebration for the new greenie, which is me. I didn't feel like celebrating though.

I'm sitting in front of the closed doors, just staring at nothing while the boys are wrestling and drinking. Frypan gave me a bottle of Gally's secret recipe and I brought it with me when I went here.

I find it really delicious, I don't know why. Some of the boys that I saw drinking this was disgusted by it.

I drink some of it again until there's is none left. I really want to go back to Fry and ask for some more but I want to be alone for now. Plus, I saw the asian guy by the bonfire earlier. He is probably mad at me for what I did.

"Hey there, greenie." Newt's voice snaps me back to reality. I didn't even hear his footseps. He plops down beside me.

"Why are you here?" I ask but still not looking at him.

"You were missing so I looked for you. Why are you here?"

"I just don't feel like celebrating. Why should I celebrate anyways?"

"Because you're part of the glade now. You're one of us."

"Should I actually be happy that I got stuck here?" I snap at him. He shuts up and looks down, mumbling a sorry. Now I feel bad.

"Well, I guess it's not all bad. At least I got stuck with some awesome people, like you Newt." he looks at me and grins like a child. I love his smiles and grins.

"Thanks, love."

"Woah, woah, woah! Love?"

"Don't you like it?"

"It's fine but.. Don't call me that."

"Why not?"

"You should call your girlfriend that."

"But you're the only girl here."

"Well, I believe that we will get out of here. We will, right?"

"Well, I hope we will."

"Let's make a deal. The girl you'll fall in love with, call her love."

"And you'll be the maid of honor to our marriage." he laughs and I smile. His laugh is really cute and contagious. While listening to his laugh, I end up laughing, too.

"You know, greenie, you should laugh more. Your laugh and smile is beautiful." he says while staring at me. I immediately stop laughing and look away. I feel my cheeks heat up.

He chuckles and says "Alright, no need to be shy.". I look at him and he's already lying on the grass. I lie next to him.

"Hey..umm..do you have some more of that drink?" I ask him, propping myself up with one elbow and face him.

"I brought some with me. Here." he hands me a bottle of Gally's recipe. I gladly accept it and drink from it. In one shot, I finished like half a bottle of the drink.

"Easy there, greenie! Might get drunk and do something reckless." he steals the drink from me.

"I don't think that can make me drunk." I say proudly. He opens his mouth to say something but someone from near the bonfire calls out to him.

"I think we should go there now. You coming, greenie?" he offers me a hand and I take it. Somehow, I feel better when I'm with him.

We walk together towards everyone else. Newt sits by a log and so I follow him. We just stay there in comfortable silence. But I decide to speak up.