Slowly Broken

Emily was my sunshine in this retched place. As I thought that the pain in my head began to lift. I sighed and relaxed and thought about things I had done with Emily. Things that happened here and not here. But the one memory that seemed to make the last of the pain go away was when I saw how happy Emily was after our trails. The goofy grin she had on her face when she told me she caught a bullet. It was insane how someone could be so happy down here but somehow she managed. And I didn't realize it until now that I was actually smiling and laughing in hell because of her. No matter what mood I was in, she'd always find a way to make me smile.

 My little Whorehay, was what was good in life. "Wait what?" Mia asked as she looked at me. "That was supposed to kill you." "Mia, I hope you know, I don't give up easily. I've been down here for eight freaking years, you think I'm someone who gives up easily?" I asked her as I kept thoughts of Emily in my head incase she tried anything again. "But how'd you break it? Nobodies been able to break it before." Mia yelled. She started to scream in rage and flail around in her cage. I backed up into the furthest corner of the cage, not wanting her to touch me as she reached through the bars dividing our cells. I felt a quick pinch in my wing and turned. The person I had never talked to before had pulled out one of my feathers. My eyes widened as I looked at them.

They had scales all over their body and a snake like tongue. "I won't touch you again. Or your feathers. I've got a plan to try and get us out." He said but it sounded like he was hissing. I took a deep breath and decided to trust him. I don't know why but I did. "Why won't you just give into Hades! He's the one who deserves the best. He should get everything he wants." Mia continued to yell. I watched as someone in the cage on the opposite side grabbed Mia's hair tightly. Mia didn't seem to notice until it was too late. She went to jump toward my cage and her head snapped backwards. The crack echoed through the room and I cringed hearing the sound. All I could do was watch as her body fell to the ground. Her head was bent at an odd angle and her bones were sticking out her neck. Her neck bled even after death. I had never seen anyone die that way. Correction, this was the first time I had seen anyone die. Most of the time they would start freaking out and then one of the Valkyries would come and take them away. Soon, one of the Valkyries did come in to take Mia's body away. As soon as they were gone the snakeish boy started to move.

He crawled to the front of his cage and stuck his hand outside. I was confused when he started to put the one end of my feather into the lock. But as soon as we all heard the lock open I understood. He looked at me and smirked and gave me my feather back. He had pulled the only black feather I had. I looked up at him with wide eyes. Why had he chosen to pluck this one of all feathers. "This feather represented that Hades was starting to get a hold on you. You're too strong for that, and I wish you luck on getting out." He hissed and looked at me with sad eyes. He stood and ran out the door of the room. I sat there, listening. Soon enough I heard yelling of the Valkyries. They were chasing him down. He wasn't going to make it. Unless he was strong enough to defeat them, when it was clear that he wasn't. That was two people who had died today. One had died showing me something to get us out of here. The other had died for Hades. She had given in. It was crazy, she had only been here for about eight days, compared to my eight years. But that wasn't the only thing I learned today. I learned that I was slowly breaking. I needed to get out of here and soon, before I become one of the broken.

(written by juciebox55555) (although i plan to write the next chapter.....)