Chapter 16

I was in the basement in our little studio room practicing my guitar for a new song. I've been working on songwriting ever since I was little. I also made covers of a lot of songs. But I've kept them to myself. Only my close friends and family have heard them. I mean they're good, but I just don't like people hearing me sing I guess.

Playing Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots on my guitar, I heard someone walk in. I look up still playing to see Adam by the doorway. I stopped for a second.

"Keep playing it. And sing the lyrics." He said.

I continue playing and sing the lyrics.

Wish we could turn back time
To the good ole days
When our mom's would sing
Us to sleep
But now we're stressed out.

After I finish playing that cord, Adam smiles at me.

"You sound like an angel." He said.

I smile at him turning red.

"Thanks." I reply.

He kissed me on the cheek.

"I'm surprised a record company hasn't signed you yet." He said.

I chuckle.

"Let me here you sing now." I say smirking.

He smiled and laughed a little

"Ok." He replied.

He's singing Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. I'd be lying if I said he was terrible at singing. He sounded amazing.

Momma just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger now he's dead
Momma life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away

I was shocked about how amazing he sounded.

"Wow! I didn't know you can sing like that." I say to him as he went red like a tomato.

"Thank you." He replied in almost a whisper

I had to smile. Not only does he look cute when he's embarrassed, but he sings so amazing. Why isn't this dude famous? Seriously, he sounded like such a professional at it. I heard more footsteps coming from downstairs. It was the boys and Connor.

"We're gonna need the studio." James said.

"Alright." I reply grabbing my guitar and heading out with Adam.

Brad, Tris, James, and Connor made a band back when I was a freshman. They started out making covers of different songs, now they write their own music and put their songs on YouTube, in hopes of getting found and getting signed to a record company. That's how I've known Connor for so long. And I guess that's how I found my love for music.

They were gonna be in there for a while, probably because they were working on a new song. Adam and I were watching tv.

"I'm gonna head upstairs for a sec, I'll be back soon." Adam said.

"Ok." I reply.

Adam headed upstairs, but didn't come back for a while.

Adam's POV

I went upstairs to originally go to the bathroom, but I decided to go into Kaitlyn's room. All I thought about after I heard her sing was her becoming a singer. I was going through her stuff when I found a flash drive. I decided to put it into her computer to find out what was on there. I saw a whole bunch of videos. They looked like music videos.

Sure enough, they were. I clicked on the first one. It was from two years ago. The song was Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. It was an amazing cover. Another one was Story of My Life by One Direction. See You Again by Wiz Khalifa ft Charlie Puth was so far my favorite. Invisible by 5SOS really hit me. This must've been the time Bo was abusing her before she met me. I really liked it.

I made it to the most recent video. But it wasn't a cover, it was a song she wrote. It was called Daydreamer. As the song played, all I kept thinking was how is she not famous? I really loved this song.

You got me stuck in a dream
A dream where you are the theme
And now i can't let myself free
I gotta keep holding on, before it's gone
I am a daydreamer

Kaitlyn's POV

I decide to head upstairs to see if he's ok. He's been up there for a long time now and I started getting worried. I found him sitting at my computer watching something. I heard my song playing. I guess he found my flash drive. He looked up from the computer and smiled at me. I smiled back.

"I really likes these covers, especially the one you wrote." He said.

I chuckled.

"Thanks." I reply.

He got up, picked me up, and put me on the bed.

"I think you should put all those videos on the Internet, just to see what happens." He said.

I'm not really a huge fan of my singing voice, but I think it's about time.

"I think that's a good idea." I replied.

I decided to put up the first three I made and then go on from there and see what happens. Just then, the boys came up to my room and decided to just flop on my bed. They must've been working on something important if they're that tired.

James was checking his phone. He went on YouTube and found one of my covers. He looked up at me and smiled. "This one is already at five thousand views." He said. A huge smile came to my face. I wonder once I post my original song up there, what would people think then?

Suddenly, we hear a huge thud coming from downstairs.

"What was that?" Connor asked.

We all shrugged. We headed downstairs. We saw Bo lying on the floor. He's so clumsy. But seriously what the heck is he doing here?

"Why are you here?" Adam asked getting angry.

I started getting nervous. Brad pulled me toward his side. Tris was getting worried as well, so now him and I were near Brad. Then us three, James, and Connor came near Adam. We were all getting worried. Bo stood up and gave us the death glare.

"You're gonna regret ever meeting me."