Chapter 8: Betrayed!

Sophie's P.O.V - (First Person!)

Betrayal: To lead astray; deceive.

After witnessing such a sight which made me believe my eyes were deceiving me, I was brought to the harsh reality of which they most definitely weren’t. I could feel the betrayal crash down on me like a pile of bricks, making my heart slow to an unsteady pace and my mind begin to spin. This feeling was all too familiar for my liking; unbelievably familiar.

I was overwhelmed; unfortunately not in the best way. As the crowd surrounding me grew at a terrifying speed, I allowed a slight groan to escape my lips once realizing what they were all witnessing...

I noticed how I had completely zoned out of my current situation, which I was less than content with, therefore taken aback when brought to realize how I was still pinned against a row of dented locker fronts. Glancing upwards, I saw my culprit was clad in black besides his piercing green eyes which were burning through my soul. Disguising my intimidation, I mustered up any available strength which I then used to my advantage; elbowing Mr Pushy to my right. A chorus of gasps sounded as I did so, which I didn’t take as a good sign. Uh oh…

My eyes are red raw from my recent series of tears; probably the only reason why the waterworks haven’t exploded now! I raced towards the exit, which just so happened to be behind what had made me lose all senses, that had made me feel such betrayal, and disloyalty. I glared in Niall’s general direction; wouldn’t want his apparent ’friends’ to see now would we? I seriously cannot believe my eyes…he’s one of them. It disgusted me, I genuinely believed he was respectable and pure, but now I’m thinking otherwise.

However, whilst my eyes were glued to the doors, and slightly on the arse himself, I failed to notice a raging monster pace towards me at a frightening speed and grab both my arms. Once again I was slammed against the walls, this time having such an excruciating pain rise throughout my entire back that a startling cry filled with pain escaped my lips. The feeling was a sort of white hot agony searing my whole being, near to the point of unconsciousness. Escaping from his parted lips were quick, heavy pants of breath; I definitely didn’t consider this a good sign.

I could see the anger flaring behind his eyes which had immediately glazed over after my senseless move just seconds ago. The pain in my back still hadn’t subsided whatsoever, making me whimper. I was sure to have bruises on both arms, also, due to his extremely tight grip; his knuckles turning white from such force which was still tragically increasing.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” he screamed violently at me, spitting in my face in the process. I could smell the stench of cigarettes in his breath which made me awkwardly cough, resulting in another angry scream which made any remaining colour drain from my face.

“Answer me!!”

A physical shiver went spiralling down my spine as I cowered into the wall. I was literally trembling with fear, my hands subconsciously clenching into tight fists. Large drops of sweat were slivering down my face whilst I was contemplating what I should do, though time seemed to have slowed down. My heart was drumming loudly through my ears; I wouldn’t be surprised if everyone could hear it!

“I-I’m sorry...” I whimpered, only being able to muster up the bare minimum sound levels. I presume he heard me as his eyes softened a tad, only to turn back more livid than before.

“And that gave you the right to push me did it?! Huh?!”

 I evidently swallowed a huge gulp of air, awaiting my unfortunate future. I began to feel more uneasy than before, having such a stare burning into my forehead was really uncomfortable, so I shook my head left to right hoping for some sort of reaction. I figured agreeing with him would benefit me, yet it actually seemed to accomplish the complete opposite!

“Well then…looks like I’m going to have to teach you a lesson…” He laughed wickedly, causing fear to immediately overcome my entire body. I felt my eyes go wide when he took a step further towards my shaking body.

 I sent a pleading look towards the arse of a crowd, who were still watching with beady eyes, hoping someone would find sense and help me. With no such luck, and unable to defend myself, I resorted to plan B…Niall.

---------

A/N: I've noticed that all of my chapters are pretty short, even when I feel like they're really long so I've decided I'm going to have short chapters but update quickly, instead of long chapters and waiting ages! I'm now in half term aswell so I should be able to update a few times a week :)