Chapter 7: Déjà Vu!

CHAPTER 7

Sophie's P.O.V - (First Person!)

I’ve been experiencing pure shock and horror for the past 10 minutes, thinking about the mysterious letter I received and attempting to conquer up any idea of what it means. To be honest, I spent a few minutes trying to get my brain to function; unfortunately, I majorly regret my purposely doing so as now I continue to think up new ideas of who it was and what it means…the possibilities are endless!

After reading over the note multiple times, it still never failed to shock me and I feel as though that was obvious, considering the annoyingly awkward stares burning into the side of my head ever since. Mr James was oblivious to my recent findings, which I’m not sure whether to be happy or sad about.

Taking a quick side glance towards Niall, I planned to give him a pleading look as if to say “stop looking at me” but seeing his panicked eyes completely threw me off track; his eyes were wide with worry and it was clear that he’d seen my reaction. Crap! Tragically, Mr James caught onto the track of our eyesight, along with the rest of the class (yey!) causing another huge round of laughter. You’re really giving me the boost of confidence I need… *sigh* Being unable to handle all the attention, I clambered out of my seat and immediately reached Mr James. Eventually he was able to stifle his laughter down to a slight chuckle, therefore allowing me the time I needed to excuse myself from class.

“Can I, err, go to the t-toilet please?”

After being granted allowance, I was casually strolling out of the classroom, ignoring the cheering and hollering from my fellow classmates. I began to walk at a more rapid pace due to the pure embarrassment I’ve been victim to. I can’t go back there, it’s too torturous. I can’t handle them all screaming false accusations in my face!

I rounded a corner, carefully avoiding where some teachers were having some refreshments, and headed towards the exit hoping to never experience such distress again. Whilst spinning on the heels of my feet, I gave a quick glance back in the vague direction of where I came from; checking that I was being discrete enough and wouldn’t have any explaining to do. A gasp escaped my lips when a certain blonde haired lad gripped my wrist with an extreme amount of force and pinned me against the lockers; to make matters worse, he landed one hand either side of my head creating a barrier between me and my destination. I was terrified, probably shaking with fear, literally.

“What is this?!” He exclaimed, whilst holding up a crumpled piece of paper which I had no desire to see again.

 “I don’t know…”

“What do you mean you don’t know?!”

“I just, d-don’t know…” I anxiously replied, still horrified by his outrageous actions which are currently chilling me to the very bone.

“Are you going to go?” I felt like I was being interrogated, which wasn’t a nice feeling by itself, let alone when it was by the one decent boy in the area.

“Do I h-have a choice? I-I mean, it’s for t-the best, right?”

“You can’t honestly believe that! You don’t even know who wrote this to you, so,” he began fading out and lowering his voice at this point, “who knows what they are planning to do…” It felt like he was feeling sympathy towards me as his levels of anger were rapidly decreasing, which made me relax a bit, but I was still slightly tense as he could lash out at any moment.

“I d-don’t know. B-but we’ll f-find out…”

Gradually, he lowered his arms from round my head and shamefully tucked them in his jean pockets, as if sense had just smacked him round the face.

“Hey, I’m sorry for scaring you…I didn’t mean to but- you don’t know people round here like I do, and I’m just worried.”

“It’s fine.” Yes, no more stutter! “But, err…aren’t you supposed to be in class still?” I suppressed a chuckle when I saw his timid face which he held whilst shuffling awkwardly on the spot. That thought had been occupying my mind since he first pinned me against the wall so now; my curiosity has got the better of me allowing the words to spill from my mouth without warning. Bad habit I guess.

To make matters that bit more interesting, I noticed him awkwardly place a hand at the back of his neck, nervously scratching at his head…what?

“Well…you see…they all carried on laughing once you left, including Mr James, and I couldn’t handle it, so I followed you. I could see how uncomfortable you were, I mean, you were really flushed…I’m not that bad am I?” You always have to add your little arrogant moment, don’t you Niall?

“Well, err thanks I guess; but I’ll be fine so you can go back now…”

“What about you?” He replied with a genuinely concerned tone to his voice.

“I’m just going to go back to my little alley, go to sleep and hopefully, just hopefully, not wake up again. Bye!” I announced as I raced outside, thinking it best for everyone, but not before whispering more to myself than him, “And no, you’re not…”

Apparently a certain someone didn’t seem too pleased with my plans though, therefore deciding it was best to follow me…I think I have myself a personal stalker!

Grabbing my arm, he whipped me around to face him leaving me a bit too close for comfort. Taking a large step back, I looked at him with a startled and petrified expression on my face; he then granted me space as he avoided taking that extra step forward. I’m glad he noticed how truly afraid I was in that moment, else I don’t know what I would’ve done. I’m too emotionally unstable for his mood swings!

“Please, just…come back inside. I promise you, they do this to every student. Tomorrow, everything will be fine! Trust me.”

Do I trust him? He’s done nothing wrong I suppose…

I caught hold of his hand (for comfort) and led him back inside the dreaded buildings.

*A Few Hours Later*

Lunch has arrived. WOOP. I have to admit, this is the best time of the day; no doubt about it. Nothing TOO bad has happened so far…I say too badly for a reason. I had a few boys spitting spit balls at me during Maths, as well as a few people unexpectedly tripping me up in the hallways, but I’m the new trampy girl so I guess its fair play to them. In all honesty, a week ago I would’ve done the exact same thing to a random trampy girl, so who am I to complain?

I was strolling along to grab lunch, minding my own business (if keeping your eyes glued to the ground in discomfort could even be considered that…), as much as is possible with hundreds of judgemental teenagers watching your every move, when suddenly a pair of arms pinned me against the lockers. A sense of déjà vu ran through my mind as memories from this morning flooded my brain due to how similar events had played out. The stranger gradually pushed his face right near mine, this time staying silent though which I found extremely peculiar. I held my breath as if breathing would ruin everything. I was undeniably confused as to why I wasn’t feeling any insults breaking my heart one by one, but I wasn’t going to question it; I’m not that stupid. Tears were rushing to the brim of my eyes threatening to fall but I wouldn’t allow it. A crowd gathered around us, watching him with beady eyes to see whatever he was doing; I wasn’t paying much attention, instead wishing I could just leave there and then. Glaring at the surrounding individuals, due to their lack of help and assistance in such a dreadful situation, I dreamed of my life just a mere few days ago. Oh how I wish I could go back…

Through the corner of my eye, I could see the same manboys huddled in an oval staring directly at me whilst sniggering to themselves. I wonder wh- WHAT THE FUDGE?!